Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Want to buy a X today

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine in January and it was the only one i found in jersy/ny/pa area. Luckily it was only 15 minutes away from me. But its a VERY hard color to find.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

last i checked about 3 weeks ago there where still around a dozen around. 1 was near indy , a couple in tx and the rest where more the north east. just find a decent dealer that will dealer locate them for you and let you deal with the place selling it.
Old May 9, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

For SSS at $25k, I'd learn to live with red. I thought about WW , but I get compliments on the octane blue as well. To tell you the truth, I like the red, but I took blue because of price (stripped gsr) at the time.

One thing about WW (and silver) is it looks pretty bad when the soot from the rich running motor gets on the tail end.
Old May 9, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

I ended up with blue and am quite happy with it. I wanted white but after seeing how popular it is I am not all that bumbed I didn't get one...LOL

And if I were going to buy it and paint it I would be going with a different color than to paint it a color that was offered and also the most popular???
Old May 9, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$25k+ TT is a really good deal IMOP for a SSS
Old May 9, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AF-Evo8
$25k+ TT is a really good deal IMOP for a SSS
Yeah thats an awesome deal. I wish I could find one at that price around where I live.
Old May 9, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

hope you get your X, then you and i can cruise around with our Xs in fairfax

anyways... check stohlemans in tysons.. thats where i got mine. not sure if they have a WW X but its worth a try.
Old May 9, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

best deal i got was a X + sss + aero + nav for 29.900 including TTL and 0% 60 months

put 15 grand down.

hope you get it too! IMO, white isn't THAT cool.. grey and blue are good too!!!
Old May 9, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

call jerry's in towson they had 2 a month or two ago
Old May 9, 2009, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

At that deal I'd take pink! JK but thats a hell of a deal! Jump on that!!
Old May 9, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLW EVO
best deal i got was a X + sss + aero + nav for 29.900 including TTL and 0% 60 months

put 15 grand down.
Isn't that like $9k below MSRP, and you got it with 0% APR?

Does this include loyalty + military or something?
Old May 9, 2009, 09:54 PM

Hi, all. Funny, I just stumbled on this thread while doing research on the new STi, Evo, and 370Z I'm possibly considering replacing my E46 M3 with (as well as a few other random cars I'm considering). $25k for that car is a damn good deal, it sounds like... I saw it on Autotrader. Maybe I'll go and pick that up!

The reason I actually joined tonight is to express my frustration with area dealers (namely Stohlman in Tyson's and Farrish Subaru in Fairfax). I visited the Subaru dealer today and the Mitsubishi dealer several months ago. Neither would let me test-drive an Evo X or STi. Both dealerships' managers made some similar excuse that they don't want miles piling up on the cars which is unattractive to potential buyers. They wanted me to sit down and crunch numbers as well as submit a credit app in order to even drive them. Absolutely ludicrous. In today's case, I'd literally just come from down the street at Brown's Nissan, having driven a new 370Z with 4 miles on the clock; I drove it at least 7 miles, trying to get a feel for it and making mental notes and comparisons to my M3. That is how I car-shop, and I'd think the same would hold true for most people...

So, what is this all about? It's extremely frustrating. Granted, I am young--19--but I make a decent income and pull up in an M3. No, it's not a $60,000 car anymore, but it's not a POS beater. I fail to understand why these dealers do not seem to take me seriously. I've only really had this experience with the STi and Evo X (and a BMW E60 M5 I was considering a while back at a used car dealer). I was able to test-drive lots of more expensive and in-demand cars, so I'm quite vexed. I'm not willing to crunch numbers and seriously negotiate until I've actually driven the car; that makes no sense--to me, at least. I have no idea what to expect, not having driven an STi or Evo, and the whole point of car-buying is making an educated decision.

Have any of you had problems being allowed test drives of these cars?
Old May 9, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

I have not run into anything like this, but then I've only bought one car brand new, my current RA.

I had been pre-approved before I went to the dealership, which goes a long way in terms of leverage.

I test drove several cars, never really considered the Subaru.
Old May 9, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
test driving an sti or evo will always be a problem ask a friend who has one to test it out
Old May 10, 2009, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohnoes
Granted, I am young--19--but I make a decent income and pull up in an M3.

Have any of you had problems being allowed test drives of these cars?
I never had an issue driving either car. Albeit, I am older than 19. I am sure there are loads of 18, 19, 20...... year olds piling into the dealership on a consistent basis wanting to test drive an Evo or STI and with no intention of buying. The dealership is just protecting their interests and liability.

On topic, to the OP, if you can get a GSR with SSS for $25K, that's a steal. When I bought one last month, I was asked what color I prefer. To be honest, I like all of them.

Quick Reply: Want to buy a X today