Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New evo x

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New evo x

Ok so i got my evo x yesterday at Foutain Mitsubishi in Orlando, FL. I have a few ?'s left unanswered so i decided to come here.

1. They said that if I add an intake of an exhaust it will completly void my warranty. Is this true
2. They said that i should get a Turbo Timer. Are they complicated to use?

thankyou sorry if these are dumb ?'s Ive never owned a turbo car before.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Legally, an intake and exhaust cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that those parts actually caused a problem. They won't be able to .

You don't need a turbo timer. Your dealership is full of ricers.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Most mods will void your warranty. Dealers will find any reason to void it, sometimes even if it's just changing your wheels.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aftershock141
Legally, an intake and exhaust cannot void your warranty unless they can prove that those parts actually caused a problem. They won't be able to .

You don't need a turbo timer. Your dealership is full of ricers.
For the intake, I would recommend just going with a drop in like K&N so a) it shouldn't void your warranty or b) so you can stick the stock one back on if necessary. Knowing the dealership, if you ever need warranty repairs they might find a reason to argue an aftermarket exhaust caused something. I say change it if you want it and are prepared to argue for your rights, but if you don't want to worry about it, just stick with the stock one.

Heck no, you don't need a turbo timer. You could always idle your car for a couple seconds or the fan will kick in. This coming from a guy with a TT in his car.
Old May 11, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

to pop in about turbo timers,

its not necessary but i think its nice at auto-x that i can leave my car running to go ride in someone else's car without just leaving the keys in there
Old May 11, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kajii
Most mods will void your warranty. Dealers will find any reason to void it, sometimes even if it's just changing your wheels.
That is illegal.

See Magnuson v. Mossberg in 1975.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:15 PM

You don't need an intake or exhaust. For $300 i'll sell you a Z-chip that just plugs into your car and adds 70hp right away, and you can always take it off before going to the dealer. It's safe to use and does not void any warranties if you take it off BEFORE going to the dealer. It takes 10 min to put on and the same to take off. TTP engineering makes and sell it for $400. They are also located right around the corner from you in Orlando as well. PM me if you're interested.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chriso3030
You don't need an intake or exhaust. For $300 i'll sell you a Z-chip that just plugs into your car and adds 70hp right away, and you can always take it off before going to the dealer. It's safe to use and does not void any warranties if you take it off BEFORE going to the dealer. It takes 10 min to put on and the same to take off. TTP engineering makes and sell it for $400. They are also located right around the corner from you in Orlando as well. PM me if you're interested.
I agree TTP is a good place to check out!

If you're worried about warranty just head up to RC Hill Mistu in Deland. The owner is very mod friendly and has an awesome evo himself from what I heard.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:16 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SMURF 1
Ok so i got my evo x yesterday at Foutain Mitsubishi in Orlando, FL. I have a few ?'s left unanswered so i decided to come here.

1. They said that if I add an intake of an exhaust it will completly void my warranty. Is this true
2. They said that i should get a Turbo Timer. Are they complicated to use?

thankyou sorry if these are dumb ?'s Ive never owned a turbo car before.
Your best bet is to get tuned. With an average +73whp from tuning a stock GSR 5sp, its the best performance you can get for the money.

Give us a call and we can talk about the best modification path before you waste your money in areas that will not increase performance. 407-475-0010

Here are some pics of our facility and 2008-2009's we have tuned.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; May 11, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old May 12, 2009, 09:58 PM

73 hp with just a tune sounds crazy, but really cool