Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Mazdaspeed 3 to evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2009, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3 to evo IX

Hello everyone at evolutionm.net,

My name is Jordan and I have a great opportunity to buy a slighty used evoIX and need some input. The car is modded but not heavily modded and is set to a conservative boost at 22psi. The car is black with 20k and the mods are as follows:

Amuse R1 Titan 80mm Exhaust
Extreme Turbo Systems FMIC and Hard Piping 80mm
Extreme Turbo Systems Mini Battery Kit
Bushur Downpipe with o2 housing 80mm
Walbro Fuel Pump
Various cosmetics stuff

So here come the questions... I jsut found out that my wife is pregnant and I need to know if this is a "family sedan". So any members with car seats or drive with family on a consistent basis please chime in. Also reliability wise I have learned from quickly searching through the boards if it isn't heavily modded it should be ok, right? I am coming from a ms3 and I know you guys/gals know that the engines tend to blow anywhere being highly modded to backing out the driveway, and since I am starting a family I cannot have that. I would buy through a private seller so I am unsure of warranty, but from what I read through the newbie post is that it should be covered powertrain wise for 100k? Any additional input would be great and opinions appreciated as well. Thanks for your time.

Jordan
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

See my thread a few threads down about the warrenty, the 100k miles warrenty is not transferable to a second owner and it sounds like even with just those mods a dealer would laugh at you if you watned warrenty work done.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:54 AM

ah i see, what about from a family stand point as far as having car seats and children, is it comfortable?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check this.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...evo-kid-s.html
Old Aug 9, 2009, 11:37 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jwiist
ah i see, what about from a family stand point as far as having car seats and children, is it comfortable?
My kids love the Evo. I honestly don't understand how a non-track car could present an issue. When they were infants, we'd pack them into a 17 year old, 2100lb, stiffly sprung, auto-x prepped GTI and go corner hopping. Children are far more durable than their parents.

BTW, before you buy a used Evo, do yourself a huge favor and take it to an Evo-specific shop and have it checked out. Good luck.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 01:52 PM

Location: Killeen, Tx via Fayetteville, NC via Worthington, OH
I can easily pop in my 4 y/o's high back booster........along with my 6 m/o's car seat and cruise comfortably. Reliability however........that is a diff. thing with my car.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:40 PM

Im 6'0 with 2 kids and we have plenty of room. The kids love it
Old Aug 9, 2009, 07:03 PM

awesome thanks for all the feedback

so I came home late tonight to read a new posted email from the seller explaining her situation. She originally posted the ad while living in one state but very recently moved to a different state and now wants me to purchase through ebay. She has already sent me more pics of the vehicle, and upon my request she will send me carfax and the vin# so I can do my own homework on the car. I also requested for her to get it appraised by a certified mitsubishi mechanic and show me documention that she did, just as Fjf suggested a few posts above. Now, I don't really do any shopping on ebay much less car shopping but she did send me the entire process of how it works and when I receive the car I have three days to completely decide if I accept the car. If i am unsatisfied with the car she will ship the car back to her at her convenience and on her dime. If I do accept then everything is peachy. Whew I know this is an epic purchasing tale but if anyone has ever dealt with some type of situation as this I could use some additional advice. I could see where some might consider this sketchy and I really dont want to get my hopes up, but simply put the car is BA. Thanks.

Last edited by jwiist; Aug 9, 2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

that's a scam dude
can't believe some people still fall for this ****.

tell her you have a relative that lives right by her and is willing
to drive and look @ the car in person, she will make up some bs excuse
stay away DO NOT WANT!
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

That's almost certainly a scam. Don't buy the car until you see it, along with all documentation, in person.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

im thinking its a scam too. do what the guy a couple of posts above me said, tell he/she u got a relative that lives close by and see what he/she says!!!!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:12 AM

yea, I have replied in a few different emails for the seller to email me any contact info and it has been avoided everytime. Also the price of the car is really low and I sort of fibbed as far as where I am at financially and the seller still came down a significaant amount, and I really think someone that needed the money wouldn't do that. I did do a carfax report and it came back clean... Oh well I will still pursue this for a few days and I will ask the realative question next. Thanks for all the help. Actually let me post one email the seller sent me, I want to see if this has any truth to it:

"If you are interested in buying the car you have to know that once you receive it you have 3 days to test drive it and inspect it and if you find that it is not like I said,you can send it back on my expense...but I'm sure that won't be the case...After starting up the transaction at eBay, my money which are deposited in their safe account will be blocked until the end of the deal, so I won't be able to withdraw them until we've finished the deal.
You make the payment to eBay through bank to bank transfer.
After they check the payment they announce me to start the shipping.
After you will receive the car and see that is ok, you have to announce them that you have it.
Only then, eBay will send me the money. I will not receive any money before you will receive the car.
In order to begin the deal, I'll need your full name, shipping address and your phone # for starting the transaction .
Jessica "

It sounded a little fishy to begin with, but then again if it is true... I have sent two different emails and gotten the exact same responses back, word for every incorrect spelled word. Eh, it probably is a scam.

Last edited by jwiist; Aug 11, 2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

"you have 3 days to inspect. if you dont like it, I will pay for the return shipping."

What type of seller is willing to do just that?!

a scam indeed.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

be careful
if u are really interested
make a trip there and inspect it personally
its not a small amount of money
but it do sound abit fishy
beware

but well
a girl is willing to spent money on an amuse exhaust system
quite hard to believe
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ditto to sky, you really are ok with spending XXXX THOUSAND dollars on a car but aren't willing to spend a few hundred to fly there to see and drive it? If not, just send her cash.

Quick Reply: Mazdaspeed 3 to evo IX