Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

who has a trans temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who has a trans temp gauge

is it common for evos to have trans temperature gauges because I have one in my truck and its highly reccomended, but im new to the evo/car world and im not sure if i should get one. let me know what you think
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Is that because your truck does a lot of towing? F350 I would think so, that's why your truck has one.
I do not think it is very common for street cars to have them, I know its not uncommon for racecars to have them, but they also usually have trans/diff coolers, similar like your truck.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

yeah well i guess towing would be a great reason to have one, but not on a car then, but when people say dont overheat your trans, how would you know if it is
Old Sep 6, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

thought about getting one......but the more I did it just seemed like a waste of money
Old Sep 7, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by italianevo88
but when people say dont overheat your trans, how would you know if it is
HAHA I always thought the same thing, you don't know unless your monitoring it, or psychic. Which is the reason why racecars have them.

Now here is the next question, would you even know what temp. your are at to overheat it? Must know something about the fluid characteristics similar to engine oil I would think.