Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Picked up the new ix!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up the new ix!!!!!

picked up my 06 evo IX graphite gray. all i gotta say is.... i fell in love, been waiting for this car for a few months now it just feels sooooooo good to drive. i effin love it! so happy i bought it. don't think i coulda got a better car.

im very impressed on how fast it is for being bone stock. nd how tight the corning is havng bone stock suspension and the brembo's holy Sh*t those things stop on a dime.. love it. gear box is so smooth everything. nd the recaro's just hold ur *** soo nice lmaoo..

any way cars got 17,560 miles. nd its a tranferable 50,000 mile warrenty. so im pretty happy about that.

sometime this weekend i'll be washing, clay bar, and waxing it. nd an oil change. i was thinking Royal purple sythetic. 5w30 for the winter time up in new york..

anyway. i'll prolly be posting some pics up soon. wish me luck with my new purchase!! finally can call my self an evoo ownerr. lol
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:19 PM

Enjoy!!! It never ends...Making it go FASTER..
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet! Enjoy, drive safe and welcome to the EVO Community!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:30 PM

sweet
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:32 PM

Nice pickup!!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I personally wouldn't run Royal Purple for a few reasons. Sure, you get performance now but I've heard they don't protect your internals all that great.

I run Castrol Syntec now and it's great. Cheap and you can get it at Wal-Mart. 5 qt jug for $21. Good deal but if you got the money to spend, Amsoil.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Castrol , mobile 1 or valvoline > royal purple

congrats!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
I personally wouldn't run Royal Purple for a few reasons. Sure, you get performance now but I've heard they don't protect your internals all that great.

I run Castrol Syntec now and it's great. Cheap and you can get it at Wal-Mart. 5 qt jug for $21. Good deal but if you got the money to spend, Amsoil.
actually amsoil is what i planned but a friend said start off with a lower synthetic like mobile 1 or royal purple nd than work up to amsoil due to the fact that its 100% synthetic nd my motor might not like it too much at first
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nastynine
actually amsoil is what i planned but a friend said start off with a lower synthetic like mobile 1 or royal purple nd than work up to amsoil due to the fact that its 100% synthetic nd my motor might not like it too much at first
I don't think you have to start off small anymore since the engine is at 17k miles. It's already broken in I hope and has been taken up to redline a few times. Don't get me wrong, 17k is really small but most new cars break in within a 5k-10k mile limit. I think a new M3 takes 8k to break in if you follow break in procedures.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Engine breaks in during the dyno at the plant. Why are you guys wasting time with all the break-ins? Remember the only break-in occuring on a new motor is the first couple miles making the piston rings seat properly.

Enjoy your car. A word of advise, do a lot of research on what your ultimate power goal is before moding, so you dont waste time and money trying different types brands of the same part.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats.. welcome.. be safe!!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

well ill figure it out soon i gotta take a ride to the autopart store check out what they got
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Engine breaks in during the dyno at the plant. Why are you guys wasting time with all the break-ins? Remember the only break-in occuring on a new motor is the first couple miles making the piston rings seat properly.

Enjoy your car. A word of advise, do a lot of research on what your ultimate power goal is before moding, so you dont waste time and money trying different types brands of the same part.
thanks man. yeah ive been researching a lot but im happy for now i'll mod in a few month or whenever i got thee money now that ive got a $13,000 loan to pay off..
Old Oct 23, 2009, 01:37 AM
Evolving Member

Pics or it didnt happen! lol jp, congrats and have fun with it!

Quick Reply: Picked up the new ix!!!!!