Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Tornado,Turbonator

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2003, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tornado,Turbonator

has anyone tried these....?

i always see them advertising on tv or in import magazines and stuff.

i would like to think that it is possible that they could make a difference...but i really dunno....
I'm just curious actually..

thanks
Old Oct 26, 2003, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Gimmicks for dumb people. 'nuff said. close the thread.
Old Oct 26, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

thought so...
just wondering.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 06:21 AM

correct. Basically they work by storing air in their "tornado" intake boxes and then forcing it into the engine all at once. The effect is similar to a turbo charger, although it seems that it could be damaging to your engine because you reduce its air intake for a few seconds which would make it run really really lean.

Definately do not put this on your evo.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

dont mean to bring an old thread but i couldnt help it. i read this site all the way through and it looks legit. i mean for the price, it isnt too bad. i read the guarantees, but they might have worded it to the point that it sounds true, so hopefully some one can verify it??? heres the link
www.turbonator.com
Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:46 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by SillySpheres
correct. Basically they work by storing air in their "tornado" intake boxes and then forcing it into the engine all at once. The effect is similar to a turbo charger, although it seems that it could be damaging to your engine because you reduce its air intake for a few seconds which would make it run really really lean.

Definately do not put this on your evo.
Rich! dont think so hard
Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:51 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by archangelite
dont mean to bring an old thread but i couldnt help it. i read this site all the way through and it looks legit. i mean for the price, it isnt too bad. i read the guarantees, but they might have worded it to the point that it sounds true, so hopefully some one can verify it??? heres the link
www.turbonator.com
Please fellow Austinite dont buy this snakeoil!!!!
Old Jan 11, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

ooooooo, austinite ayyy. cool. look, it sounds legit. im looking for any type of gains i can get my hands on, and i dont want to spend big money. i guess it acts as a blower, simple enough, but my thing is the site guarantees no less than 10 hp. i know that sounds wack, but if theyre wrong, then i could hold them accountable. what do ya think? and u in any car clubs in austin?
Old Jan 11, 2004, 09:11 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by archangelite
ooooooo, austinite ayyy. cool. look, it sounds legit. im looking for any type of gains i can get my hands on, and i dont want to spend big money. i guess it acts as a blower, simple enough, but my thing is the site guarantees no less than 10 hp. i know that sounds wack, but if theyre wrong, then i could hold them accountable. what do ya think? and u in any car clubs in austin?
Sure we meet up a lot not a club per say but we can get ya introduced to the autoxers/street guys/roadracers ect ect.

OK if you want try it
Old Feb 20, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I'll tell you guys how this is.... I just ordered the turbonator. Partly because I was curious..... partly because I want to do some tests on the dyno....gas milege....stuff like that. It wasn't much and the princibles that they supposedly use shouldn't hurt the engine. I have a shop so it's easy for me to see if this is a infomercial.......or the real deal. Only time will tell. The only reason this made me curious is that one of our customers bought it for his jeep.....and he said it made a noticable difference....so I wanted to do my own tests with it...possibly to sell later on....
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Im curious too.

Everywhere I look for info on the thing everyone shouts 'its a trick!! dont buy it its a scam!!' but none of them have actually bought the thing.