Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New from Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from Canada

Hey all! I'm new to the forum and I'm from the land of Canada. My names Matt, currently own a 2004 Subaru WRX with a bunch of bolt ons and I'm craving more power. So I'm in the process of making it stock and selling to buy an Evo 9 preferably in GG colour. Always been a fan of the Evo but when I purchased my current car, evo's were not admissible to Canada to my knowledge. Can't wait to be an Evo owner!
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Matt.... where bouts in Canada are you? Im from Alberta... I own a GG Evo 9. Done a lot of work to it, no built motor YET but done everything else lol. Cannot wait till summer.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
Hey Matt.... where bouts in Canada are you? Im from Alberta... I own a GG Evo 9. Done a lot of work to it, no built motor YET but done everything else lol. Cannot wait till summer.
I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario. How easy is the process of buying from the US and getting it into Canada? I'm yet to look into what has to be done.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steeldon
I'm from Thunder Bay, Ontario. How easy is the process of buying from the US and getting it into Canada? I'm yet to look into what has to be done.
Its easy. I imported mine back in 2008 (seems so long ago lol). Just review the process and you'll be fine. Make sure you have all your documents in check
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:13 PM

Its easy. I imported mine back in 2008 (seems so long ago lol). Just review the process and you'll be fine. Make sure you have all your documents in check
Thanks for info. On an unrelated note, I think I should have called this thread "New female from Canada" to get some views lol
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
^ that ALWAYS gets a lot of views.

Welcome . I'm originally from Toronto but have been living in mtl for the past few years. There are more ct9a evos in ON than you think. But you should check out the newb threads to see the things to look for when buying one of these.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

exactly how much does it cost to import and what documents do i need
Old Jan 3, 2012, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome Matt. Hmm, sounds like welcome mat LOL. Anyway, Thunder Bay is practically a neighbor of Minnesota. Minnesota has quite a few Evos. Best wishes on finding a clean GG Evo IX.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Welcome Matt. Hmm, sounds like welcome mat LOL. Anyway, Thunder Bay is practically a neighbor of Minnesota.
Minnesota has quite a few Evos. Best wishes on finding a clean GG Evo IX.
Thunderbay is a neighbour of what?? Are we talking Thunder Bay, ON or some other place?

When I was looking at the whole process a couple years ago the costs involved ~200 at the border for paper work and HST (in ON) + duties for being non-NA built (another 6.1%). Plus an inspection at cdn tire. People say you can get it inspected elsewhere but afaik only cdn tire does the inspection for importing vehicles. Only real modification you have to do is day time running lights. Otherwise it obviously needs a cat, chambered muffler, etc.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by deeman101
Thunderbay is a neighbour of what?? Are we talking Thunder Bay, ON or some other place?

When I was looking at the whole process a couple years ago the costs involved ~200 at the border for paper work and HST (in ON) + duties for being non-NA built (another 6.1%). Plus an inspection at cdn tire. People say you can get it inspected elsewhere but afaik only cdn tire does the inspection for importing vehicles. Only real modification you have to do is day time running lights. Otherwise it obviously needs a cat, chambered muffler, etc.
Plus you will need to get a out of province inspection, Canadian tire has a small list they go off of mostly it is just day time running lights, child restraint in the back seats, they check the vin and need he title to make sure everything matches. And he will look for French symbols on the visors, all I did was take a picture of them from another car and put hem in the car for inspection. Oh and they will charge duty first the gst/hst on top, buggers tax on top of tax, jut so you have a better idea of the cost.
You can take it else where for the riv inspection, when yo go to he web site the ask you what province and what city and then they list the options. If there is another from Canadian tire or not.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ITLL_GO
Oh and they will charge duty first the gst/hst on top, buggers tax on top of tax...
I guess you've never been to Quebec recently.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deeman101
Maybe you did not read close enough. LOL
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX
Welcome Matt. Hmm, sounds like welcome mat LOL. Anyway, Thunder Bay is practically a neighbor of Minnesota. Minnesota has quite a few Evos. Best wishes on finding a clean GG Evo IX.
Yup I'm 45 mins from the border to MN and about 6 hrs from the twin cities. MN is the first place I'll be looking. Thanks for the welcome.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Fello Canadian "eh"

Your going to love the Evo,, my buddy went from a 06 STy to a 07 BMW 335i to a 2008 Evo X
He was always about the Sti and loved that car but now that he has the Evo he Loves it! A lot of previous Subie owners here!!

Have fun with it your going to love it!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yup I'm 45 mins from the border to MN and about 6 hrs from the twin cities. MN is the first place I'll be looking. Thanks for the welcome.

Woah. Just google mapped it. Says more about my knowledge of where MN is than where Tbay is.

You're sorta lucky cause MN has MAPerformance which can basically take care of anything an evo could ever need. You could probably contact them too and see if any of their customers are selling a clean evo.

Quick Reply: New from Canada