Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

trans service message, + AP uninstall.. can the dealer tell if it's been installed.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trans service message, + AP uninstall.. can the dealer tell if it's been installed.

hi, i've been searching the advanced search for "can mitsubishi tell if i have a cobb access port uninstalled"

but i'm not getting anything that relates to my issue..

so i'll quickly explain it here.. I have a 2011 evo mr just over 16000km .. with an access port installed.. it sometimes does not go in to 1st gear... I've also just recently had a couple flashes of "transmission service required" messages..

ive checked for codes, the AP says no codes to read, i also checked all the fluids that can be visually checked, ive had twice as many oil changes than the sevier maintenance schedual requires.. (basicly change it when it starts to look dirty which is awfully quick in these cars)
my tires all have the same pressure and tread depth.. the only time the message seems to come up is when i'm driving in 2nd gear in a play ground zone at 30km/hr

so what my question is... tonight ive uninstalled the access port... Can the dealer see if there has been a previous tune installed other than the stock one? the parts manager claimed that there is a black box that keeps track of everything from over reving, top speed, over boost, software changes, etc etc..

Am i screwed if my transmission is toast? should i start saving to get mine rebuilt with a ssp kit in it..or.. will i get lucky and have mine either serviced or replaced under warranty?

thanks.

ps the dealer in town sells cobb ap's as well as ams products.