Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

NEW member: 2006 wicked white Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, in the continuing struggle to keep my car "clean"… I decided to change out all four rotors and put in new brakes. The car has just over 33K, and I know the rear brakes and rotors have never been changed. Rear rotors have a bit of slip, but they honestly aren't that bad. The fronts have been upgraded with slotted rotors and pads.

I picked up some Centric Powerslot high carbon rotors and some ceramic pads.

Before:

After:

Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Old Sep 9, 2014, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Huge thanks to all who voted for my second trophy in two years at the All Mitsubishi Cook out! Congrats to Bill and Josh who also took home hardware in their respective classes! Awesome event, and I look forward to next year as well! Thanks to Curt and Bobby at WB Mitsu for making the show happen!

Old Jan 26, 2015, 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Contemplating ideas on what to do with the car this year when it comes out of storage… I've had inquiries on selling the car, but I know that would be foolish, especially since I have gotten all of the maintenance completed (all fluids completely done) along with a few nagging issues that I wanted fixed (replaced all the CV axle boots, and new HID headlight fuses).

I purchased a MAP switch wiring harness so that I can have the car on E85. I just need the injectors and fuel pump. Injectors I'd go with ID1000 and a Walbro fuel pump. The biggest issue being that e85 is nowhere near my hometown, and I'm not sure how far I'd actually have to travel, even with 5 gallon gas cans, to actually find e85 fuel.

I had purchased a fresh painted wingless, de-badged trunk, but I don't think I'm going to use it. I'm just not really a huge fan of the wingless setup. I will however be posting a WTB for a WW JDM rear bumper and a WW vortex generator.

I also may start the search for a good set of aftermarket wheels/tires. I have stock VIII & IX wheels, and I think I'd like a good aftermarket set as well. I contemplated the NT03 or the RPF1.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:03 PM
Evolving Member

I guess I'll go ahead and call this my "build thread"… My car came out of winter hibernation a few weeks ago, and now that I've cleaned it up a bit, and have it mechanically sound, it's time to start with some modifications. I had the car at RS Motors last year to fix up the last of the maintenance issues, I had every CV boot replaced, as they had gotten sliced up. I recently did new brakes and pads all the way around, so I'm happy at were it is. My next plan is to remove the Injen IC/intake setup and go with ETS. I've contacted them and I'm going with the wrinkle black IC and intake setup. Then, its on to cosmetics; up next is the JDM rear bumper with white vortex generator, JDM side markers and some new aftermarket wheels & tires. My wheel choice right now is to go with Volk TE37 wheels.

Cleaned up underneath the car:

Cleaned up the engine bay:

Also picked up a few new shift knobs.

Red ARC:

and a dry CF knob:

Last edited by MCPunk79; Jun 26, 2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

and of course… did some detailing of the car. Clayed it with Chemical Guys clay mitt and put 3 coats of Zaino Z5 and 3 coats of Zaino Z2, which makes the car look flawless.

Last edited by MCPunk79; Jun 26, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Went out on a mini photoshoot with the car… I know quite a few would consider the Evo Enkei VIII wheels a huge downgrade, I really like the simplicity of these wheels and the spoke pattern. I do still have the multi spoke BBS SE wheels with OEM Yoka Advans.

Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice looking car!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
great looking car man, i don't really fancy the wicked white but yours looks great, great find, I'm looking for a red or a grey one myself.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:21 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
WW IXs are my favorite out of all USDM Evos. then again, i'm biased; i'm on my second one LOL

congrats! i've never heard of an Evo owner being disappointed in the car, you'll have a blast.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks beautiful...i wish i would have found a white one when i was looking
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Time to switch some things out… the Injen IC setup with intake isn't that great of a kit, and with the chrome aluminum covering, it's far too "shiny" for under the hood. I went with the ETS wrinkle black IC and intake setup. I stuck with the stock route, as I didn't want to go the mini battery route.

It certainly is a fantastic looking kit on the outside. A great quality made product, that's for sure!!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

LICP Before:

After:

UICP Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

All in all I'm VERY happy with the look of everything, and the fitment of the ICP… however the intake wasn't as easy, especially with getting the BOV to sit properly. I needed to pick up another longer hose to run my BOV from the intake to the UICP. Got it all tightened up, and I'm satisfied with the results. Looks far better than the chrome/aluminum setup that was placed prior.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome & Best Wishes on your new Buy !

Quick Reply: NEW member: 2006 wicked white Evo IX