Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Dose an after market intake...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dose an after market intake...

I was wondering! If I bring my car to the dealership to get serviced. After taking a look at my Injen intake. Will they void my warrenty??
Old Jul 17, 2002, 09:53 PM

You have a fidy-fidy chance on that one. It will depend on the dealership I suppose. My dealer waz cool and said that when I come in for svc. to put the stock intake back on and they will be o-tay with it. In actuality, here is a good way to find out.

Take a revolver, load the shells staggered, spin the chamber, put the barrel to your head and pull the trig-a. This will give you and Idea of your chances.

I strongly recommend that you actually just put the stock intake back on before consider the other option.

*Disclaimer* This message was not intended for the actual consideration, or suggestions of, to in any way, in full, or in part, to offer advice, as to the stupidity of taking up, and action to, the above mentioned theory of your actual chances.
Old Jul 17, 2002, 09:57 PM

Dam dude! Thanks...I think...
Old Jul 17, 2002, 10:01 PM

Anyone else had this problem? I was thinking of taking it off b4 bring it in, but I wanted to see first.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.lancerforums.com/forums/s...=sema+warranty

Read b_tapper's posts.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 12:06 AM

No probs, and I meant no disrespect. I only meant don't shoot yourself in the head if u don't have to, know what I mean. I personally would feel more comfortable putting my stock one on. Your warranty is a valuable aspect. I ripped up both axels b4 2.5k miles and damn, I was glad I had a warranty.

With respect, be safe, not insane.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

I have brought my car in for maintenance with regular oil changes with my injen intake and custom exhaust. they told me they liked the work but that if i come in with something broken, i should put the stock intake and exhaust back on. Now that's all good, except the fact that the stock airbox was trashed trying to get the MAF sensor off and Meineke straight cut my stock exhaust to pieces. Hopefully, since i am getting to know the guys at the dealer, they will just "not see" the mods i have done when time comes around to doing them. Im sure slipping them a benjamin or two when it comes time for free service would help a little also. not too sure how bribery works out there, but in jersey, everyone just wants to make some dough. Sooo, im really hoping that nothing happens to my car that would be covered under warranty so i dont have to deal with the bull****, but im not even worrying about it right now since my car is running beautiful.

My opinion-either put the stock intake back on when it comes time for service, or try to talk to them about it. some places are cool, but i am realizing most are just jerks. anyways, good luck and i hope my lil story helped.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 10:35 AM

Hey thanks for the input, I guess my best bet is to put the factory one on, then talk to the guys about it, or hint about it..
Old Jul 18, 2002, 10:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Or keep the aftermarket one in there, stare them down when they open the hood, and say, "YEAH, WHATCHA GONNA DO BOUT IT, *****ES?! I KNOW MY RIGHTS!!!" ...or just do the "bone stock. play stupid." routine that seems to work so well.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jul 18, 2002 at 10:44 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 10:45 AM

Hey I just read what PJ84 sent me about the warrenty thing,and It looks to be ok to bring it in. I just hope that Injen is a part of a self-certification program.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 11:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Injen is SEMA approved and they have their own warranties. Interestingly enough you can void that too by doing things like bending their piping or swapping out/altering couplings. Spkoe briefly to Phillip at Injen about it. Honestly though...When they notice the hole in your splash paneling they'd be idiots not to ssume you'd done something. May as well leave it in and assert your position.

As I understand it (someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I know we have a few people who work for dealerships on the forums) the service dept. gets reimbursed for ALL warranteed work from MMA. They will get paid for any repairs they make to the car whether it comes from your pocket or MMA. As long as you don't seriously abuse your warranteed protection I don't see why you wouldn't be able to coerce them into doing the work under warranty. My suggestion would be to remain polite but firm and assert that you know you're within your warranty's boundaries.

Good luck. I go in for my 2nd oil change soon with all my mods. Last time I was stock aside from a shift knob, wheels and tires.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 11:57 AM

hah, the thing is..what you said about the "splash paneling" I never cutr a whole. So that a good thing.