Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to Hawaii. Stationed in scholfield barracks help! Haha

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to Hawaii. Stationed in scholfield barracks help! Haha

Hey so I got stationed in Hawaii, and had to bring my EVO from SoCal. I've seen a lot of EVO owners on and off post. And I still need a safety inspection which I tried to do once and failed due to having tinted rear lights and supposedly my rest light were modded..yea idk never modded the housing of my rear lights. And for having a electric cut out. I just wanna know if any other EVO owners in Hawaii know of a place where I can get my safety done. I know it's possible just don't know the right people for now. Thanks

-David
Old Dec 11, 2014, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So here is what I do. I've been in the military for going on 11 years and never had an issue doing this. Change your home of record to a state that doesn't have emissions, safety inspections, or state taxes. Register vehicle yearly by mail. Too easy. For example, when stationed in Ft Irwin, California, my car stayed registered in South Dakota. Never had a cat on my car, had an exhaust manifold, got pulled over a couple of times for speeding. Never once did they ask to look under my hood like they do with all the other peeps who were registered in Cali.

Last edited by DirtyEvoVIII; Dec 11, 2014 at 05:28 PM.