Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Everyone hide..I'm a Mits Salesperson

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2002, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Everyone hide..I'm a Mits Salesperson

Hi there everyone..I'm introducing myself...I'm a Mits salesperson....I would love to answer what ever questions I can. You have my word I will be honest and tell you guys whatever I find out about the evo....feel free to IM me. Jess
Old Aug 13, 2002, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Jess - I'll make sure to always ask you about the EVO if I ever think of a question
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:01 PM

Jess when possible can you let me know which month the EVO is coming here, my aunt at her MITS dealership does not know but said I can put a deposit down the first one 2 months beforehand.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsu. has repeatedly said January 2003.

Just do some searchin EvoHunta...you'll find answers to a lot of yer questions that way

Hooby
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:45 PM

Well if they are saying Jan. defintley then I need to put down 5K at the end of Nov. to reserve the first one coming to their dealership, but I think if I purchase one the EVO VII's from EVOImports that might be better, cause everyone will have an VIII, but i can have a valuable VII.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

I can garuantee that not "everyone" is going to have an Evo VIII. It will be a pretty limited production.

But you want an Evo VII, that's cool...they're obviously great cars.

Hooby
Old Aug 14, 2002, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by Hooby
I can garuantee that not "everyone" is going to have an Evo VIII. It will be a pretty limited production.
It willl be limited production just like the Chrysler PT Cruiser. That thing has been limited production for how many years? And i only see five to ten a day. Or how about the Mazda Miata? They have a limited edition of that ever year. They only stop the production when they start shipping the new limited edition the following year.

Guess what Mitsubishi will be making pleanty of EVO's for the US market. They wont tell people that, however. All the dealers will make it seem like they are hard to get and jack up the price, I'm sure. In three years the EVO 8 or 9 or whatever will be all over the place.
Old Aug 14, 2002, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

It's a flagship car...it'll be produced like the RX-7, 3000gt, etc. Mitsubishi's $$$ hungry, but there's NO WAY they could crank out that many Evos. It's a different style of production...it's less machine based and more human/time/quality based.

And if they start crankin 'em out after they see the demand....all the better for the people who got the first shipment.

When did you decide to come back and post up a storm...tearing peoples thought in the process. Try to be a little less overbearing....ok?

Hooby
Old Aug 15, 2002, 01:15 AM

It's a flagship car...it'll be produced like the RX-7, 3000gt, etc. Mitsubishi's $$$ hungry, but there's NO WAY they could crank out that many Evos. It's a different style of production...it's less machine based and more human/time/quality based.
There is a reason those cars haven't been sold here for a while. Small production run cars don't work in the USA, not even as a flagship car. The hand crafted EVO disappeared with the EVO 6.5 The EVO 7 was an experimant to see if people would still buy a mainstream EVO.

And if they start crankin 'em out after they see the demand....all the better for the people who got the first shipment.
Hooby
I don't care if people go out and buy this EVO 8 thing. But rest assured Mitsu already has plains to make it a profitable car. And that wont happen if they only sell a couple of thousand. There will be pleanty of EVO's. Just like Nissan with the 350Z. They will let rumors drive the price up. For the first 6-12 months it will be a rare car with huge dealer markup. But by 2004 anybody will be able to go buy a EVO with no waiting list.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

There weren't that many U.S. 3000GT VR/4's, and if you can find one in good condition they are still worth a good price.

And better yet, the VR/4 SPYDER.
Old Aug 15, 2002, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Mary-Kate Olsen
I don't care if people go out and buy this EVO 8 thing. But rest assured Mitsu already has plains to make it a profitable car. And that wont happen if they only sell a couple of thousand. There will be pleanty of EVO's. Just like Nissan with the 350Z. They will let rumors drive the price up. For the first 6-12 months it will be a rare car with huge dealer markup. But by 2004 anybody will be able to go buy a EVO with no waiting list.
From Day 1 the whole reason for this car being brought over was to boost Mitsubishi's image. Not all cars are made to be profitable. It's not ME saying that...it's saying that

And...what mark-up? I've got a receipt sayin MSRP

Hooby
Old Aug 15, 2002, 04:34 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Gagnon said it "may not be high volume"

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&threadid=4125
Old Aug 15, 2002, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Hooby is correct. Call it PR or marketing move all along.

The Evo never came to US shores in the past since the GSX first occupied the spotlight w/ its US spec 4g63T. Why bring an Evo to eat into the market of the GSX w/ the same powerplant but different T-belt orientation?

After it faded away from the lack of sales nearing the 30K price range, it was ripe for the 3000GT VR4 to reign as a power hungry, tecno whiz-banger. Eventually, it wasn't profitable to make them since the 300ZXT, Supra TT, RX-7, and other Japanese super cars couldn't beat the loyalty of sales against the Vette (yes, Japanese super cars did made GM execs quake in their boots - rumors of axing the Vette or make it FWD. Of course, the grandfather designer of Vette nixed that idea and created the C5 Vette which pushed the Japanese super cars to extinction). It wasn't until 99 when the 3000SL died holding the 30K price mantle . . . but the same NA engine was dropped into the new wave of 3g eclipse GT . . . another PR move.

See the trend. Now, Mitsu is willing to bring the Evo to US shores.

As for being a mass marketed Evo like the past RX-7's as in abundance. Mitsu won't do that, knowing the US market is starving for an Evo (detuned and stripped) . . . hey, it's a cash cow!!

Speaking of cash cow, why do you think car companies are rolling out a lot of SUVs which are getting bigger and heavier. Heck, even exotic car giant like Porsche has been thinking about making a SUV since the mid 90's - board of directors keep axing the proposal.

Last edited by bahamut; Aug 15, 2002 at 05:54 AM.