Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New from FL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New from FL

Hey guys,

So I spent nearly 5 years driving Lancers, first a ES, then a GTS, now a new GSR. Drove off the lot with 8 miles and already racking up towards 400!

I don't have a ton of experience with driving manuals, but I've been around Evos for the past few years given I was actively involved in the Mitsubishi scene here in Central FL for a little while.

Spent most of my first day stalling, adjusting to the clutch pedal (Which seems to be a bit on the aggressive side compared to other manuals I've driven) but since that first day I'm already smoothly shifting into 1st, avoiding riding the clutch as much as possible, and really getting to enjoy the car.

Compared to my old Lancer, a 11 GTS with full bolt ons and D2 Coils, the Evo is actually kinda soft. It's nice to have a stock car that doesn't make all sorts of clunking noises but it could definitely use a bit of stiffening. The Evo feels really composed and compliant compared to my old GTS which felt like it was on rails. I'm probably far to used to a harsh/solid ride.

It's been a dream to own this car and even after just a few days I know a few mods I want to start looking into. Any feedback is welcomed.

- Blox 490 Shift Knob
- TWM SS
- Tints
- ETS Intake
- Clutch Pill Removal
- RA UR Mudflaps

Lancer in it's Prime
New from FL-0ih7ywk.jpg
New from FL-ridkt9h.jpg
New from FL-epwkhn7.jpg
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Nice! Welcome, thank you for checking in and sharing the pics of your new ride! Have fun!

Bob