Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Jersey Girl planning to get an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Jersey Girl planning to get an EVO

Hey Guys!

Before I start my rant , I just want to make a shout out to the sticky threads posted on the front page. Those stickies are very helpful for a girl who starting to get into cars even though most of the terms used i don't understand . All those terms and numbers make me go "wtf are they saying!! "

Anyway, I'm planning to treat myself on my Bday by getting an EVO Final Edition on August. That car will be my very FIRST car . Of course, it has to be manual because you know RACE CAR and gotta keep sticks surviving so it won't extinct . The downside though are 1. I never driven a manual car. 2. I don't know about cars. 3. I don't know shyytt about modifiying. 4. I absolutely have ZERO friends who's into cars except this one dude who introduced me to it 5-4 months ago. Thanks to him, i fell in love with the EVO. Lastly 5. I tried searching google for a place to build my future EVO in New Jersey; You know, the one that specialize specifically for EVOS, tuning wise, there's none at all. Most of them are located in New York which is very far from me

However, the problems I mention, particularly #1, is being taken care of. As of now, I am currently learning how to drive stick THE RIGHT WAY . Btw, #4 is not really an issue because the CAR COMMUNITY has my back <3 . I trust them . #2 and #3 are on going because I'm constantly studying to be a better driver. #5 on the other hand, i really can't do anything about it, unless someone can recommend me a place they know or if they do it themselves. So please if you know anything about final edition, any pointers, any suggestions, or if you live in New Jersey, to PERSONALLY schedule to meet so you can teach me, message me please. I would really appreciate it.

Before I end my random rant, I just want to EMPHASIZE that I am not here to gain any attention or in WHATSOEVER f*ck around, just because I'm a girl. I am purely trying my hardest to pursue my interest. Therefore please respect me, and don't try to roast/flame me.

THANKS!!

Yours Truly,
-Zarah <3
Old Apr 2, 2017, 09:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Zarah

Welcome aboard & thanks for joining us on EvOM

Spend some time in the X-forums & study some of the Stickies as you have

Let us know, of course, if you pull the trigger on an X

Again, Welcome

Joe
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Welcome!

There is an Evo shop in New Jersey called Ivey Tune.

There is plenty of information here about modifying the Evo. Good Luck!
Old Apr 2, 2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by deylag
Welcome!

There is an Evo shop in New Jersey called Ivey Tune.

There is plenty of information here about modifying the Evo. Good Luck!

Yeah, i heard about that place from couple of people in Instagram, they wasn't as good now compare back in the old days. The company was well known. I was debating if i should really go there as my last resort if it comes down to it.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hi Zarah

Welcome aboard & thanks for joining us on EvOM

Spend some time in the X-forums & study some of the Stickies as you have

Let us know, of course, if you pull the trigger on an X

Again, Welcome

Joe
Thanks alot! Ill let you know once i have it .

Btw, for the intake, should i go with ETS or AMS? I also come across about the ARC intake. The thing is replacing the filter will be hard because its expensive and its very difficult to obtain.

Whats your opinion about it?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome, Evo’s are cool you will have a lot of fun, there’s alot of good advice you’ll get in here on mods and tunes

Why not learn your driving skill on the stick first and enjoy your stock Evo for a while and get used to the way it drives before you plan your mods. When you are ready and done the research and know what your goals are build up a mod list and do them all on the one tune and save yourself money.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
If you don't know about cars, just get the evo and leave is stock until you understand a little bit more about its platform and once you get it start with the mods and tuning process. Is what i will tell anyone that have never had a sport car befote. Good luck
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
Welcome, Evo’s are cool you will have a lot of fun, there’s alot of good advice you’ll get in here on mods and tunes

Why not learn your driving skill on the stick first and enjoy your stock Evo for a while and get used to the way it drives before you plan your mods. When you are ready and done the research and know what your goals are build up a mod list and do them all on the one tune and save yourself money.
Thanks for your advice! But I'm currently doing that right now, even though I haven't bought the EVO yet. I want to learn more about each and every modified parts out there for the EVO, the advantages and disadvantages, while learning manual. Honestly speaking, I actually have a legit personal notebook specifically for the EVO. I write down what i should do and shouldn't do so that when I buy the EVO, I know what I will do it. Plus, it will be easier to modify like listed down. As for the goal, that's already done . I know what I'm doing to it
Old Apr 3, 2017, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Miss.Chi3v0us
Thanks for your advice! But I'm currently doing that right now, even though I haven't bought the EVO yet. I want to learn more about each and every modified parts out there for the EVO, the advantages and disadvantages, while learning manual. Honestly speaking, I actually have a legit personal notebook specifically for the EVO. I write down what i should do and shouldn't do so that when I buy the EVO, I know what I will do it. Plus, it will be easier to modify like listed down. As for the goal, that's already done . I know what I'm doing to it

ok yes understand (the notebook ), I usually read the build and tuning threads where most of the true and tried mods are listed for each build, that way I get an idea of what bolt ons are used the most of and what sort of output you'd be expecting. There's hundreds of alternatives from pipe, pump, cams, injectors, e85 all the way up to built 2.4 strokers and a nice nissGTR drop in build going on at the moment.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jonno99
ok yes understand (the notebook ), I usually read the build and tuning threads where most of the true and tried mods are listed for each build, that way I get an idea of what bolt ons are used the most of and what sort of output you'd be expecting. There's hundreds of alternatives from pipe, pump, cams, injectors, e85 all the way up to built 2.4 strokers and a nice nissGTR drop in build going on at the moment.

One of the sticky thread topic has a link that doesn't exist.