Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2017, 06:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hello

Hey, figured id introduce myself since I've been on here for a little while and haven't posted anything. I'm from Scranton PA, and am currently looking for an Evo 8 or 9, just haven't found one yet... So hello everybody!
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Dec 17, 2017)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey

Thanks for posting up. GL on your 8/9 search. BTW, I own an RS 9

Whats going to be the purpose of the EvO. Daily, 2nd car weekend?, track only

Welcome aboard!

Joe
liquidchicken (Dec 17, 2017)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hey

Thanks for posting up. GL on your 8/9 search. BTW, I own an RS 9

Whats going to be the purpose of the EvO. Daily, 2nd car weekend?, track only

Welcome aboard!

Joe
Thank You! And i wish it could be a weekend car, but my wallet says otherwise, so it would have to work as a daily.
MinusPrevious (Dec 17, 2017)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 07:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thats cool

Im a bit older, so my EvO is just a weekender

If you have any questions, you let me know

Keep us posted on your progress
Old Dec 17, 2017, 08:31 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 814 Likes on 678 Posts
It takes a certain amount of commitment to daily drive an Evo VIII/IX. A X is much more comfortable. Either way you go, good luck and have fun! They are great cars.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
It takes a certain amount of commitment to daily drive an Evo VIII/IX. A X is much more comfortable. Either way you go, good luck and have fun! They are great cars.
Thanks! And my commute is only ~15 minutes each way so i don't mind having something a little less luxurious, but reliability is an important point for me, that's why i'm trying to find something near stock that's still in good condition, which is proving to be a little hard in my budget... I like the X's but there's just something special about the VIIIs/ IX's
MinusPrevious (Dec 18, 2017)
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:43 PM
kaj

Those examples are starting to list at $25-30k, depending on mileage. It's nucking futs, if you ask me. Be patient and you'll find a reasonable seller. May take a while, though.
liquidchicken (Dec 18, 2017)
Old Dec 18, 2017, 06:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by kaj
Those examples are starting to list at $25-30k, depending on mileage. It's nucking futs, if you ask me. Be patient and you'll find a reasonable seller. May take a while, though.

The CT9A EvO is now an investment grade commodity. Its part of my retirement pkg!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
You're very right, and its nuts to me too, they're almost at the original msrp haha... But luckly im in no rush to find something, and im not exclusively looking for an evo, so i should find something nice eventually.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:15 AM
kaj

The CT9A EvO is now an investment grade commodity. Its part of my retirement pkg!
I fully expect to start seeing early-millennial Japanese, mass-produced sedans being mothballed for 20yrs so they can be sold for profits of, like, $1000s!

Not driving/enjoying a car for all those years, just to get back what you originally paid (maybe an extra 10%??) just seems silly to me. LOL. But hey, to each their own.

Meanwhile I just did another track day and couldn't be happier.

Off topic, sorta. Sorry OP. One thing about older Evos is you either love them or you don't. If you love them, you will never be disappointed and any maintenance or repairs you do will feel well worth it.
I've seen some people buy them because they are "cool" or "the next big thing after owning a Civic". Those people don't stick around long because they soon realize that you actually have to care for the car. It's not a Civic haha.
So... if it's for you, you will love it. If not, no biggie. There are so many awesome cars out there, right now. Have fun and good luck with whichever you choose.

Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by kaj
I fully expect to start seeing early-millennial Japanese, mass-produced sedans being mothballed for 20yrs so they can be sold for profits of, like, $1000s!

Not driving/enjoying a car for all those years, just to get back what you originally paid (maybe an extra 10%??) just seems silly to me. LOL. But hey, to each their own.
We are on the same page. Life is too short to be saving / preserving anything!

But, still happy to see a car I bought 10 years ago, still worth the same, if not more
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by kaj

Meanwhile I just did another track day and couldn't be happier.

Off topic, sorta. Sorry OP. One thing about older Evos is you either love them or you don't. If you love them, you will never be disappointed and any maintenance or repairs you do will feel well worth it.
I've seen some people buy them because they are "cool" or "the next big thing after owning a Civic". Those people don't stick around long because they soon realize that you actually have to care for the car. It's not a Civic haha.
So... if it's for you, you will love it. If not, no biggie. There are so many awesome cars out there, right now. Have fun and good luck with whichever you choose.

I definitely agree with you, i think evos and fd rx7s have hit the bottom of their depreciation curve, and are now going back up for quite a while, making them both smart investments, honestly id prefer the rx7, but it would be impossible to daily between the weather in the northeast, and the engines in them... I dont know how people can just store a car as an investment, it would kill me to have such a nice car sitting in my garage just waiting to go back up in value... And i dont mind doing maintenance as it would be something to get me out in the garage, without the pressure of having to get a bigger project done in a day so i could drive it the next day...
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:53 AM

We are on the same page. Life is too short to be saving / preserving anything!

But, still happy to see a car I bought 10 years ago, still worth the same, if not more
Definitely one of the things that draws me to an evo, while sti's keep going down in price, the evo stays the same, so ideally if i could keep it in good shape i could drive it for several years and be able to sell it for what i paid for it...