Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Here - 15k Mile Evo MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by asayamalaka
it's the angle on the panels, the most dramatic being the front fenders to the doors; evo is just too angular for physics on earth, faster than speed of light
Yea the way the fenders come out of the evos door so suddenly to get wider is alot like the BMW e30 m3 or the Lancia evo fenders. Mix that with a pearl flake paint and it look like a completely different shade in different angles.

Here is also a pretty cool pic a painter showed me of how angles in light play with shades on cars. These are the exact same colour, cover the middle with your finger:

Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys, moving this here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11965086

Old Jan 23, 2023, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by 91355evo9
congrats!

welcome to 9 MR club.

I bought mine exact car as you, low miles, all mint stock from old man in Oregon in October.

So far I have seen 4 exact color, all low mile 1 owner 9 MR l, being picked up from OR last 12 months

though i am confused by “need to bring it back,”
at that mileage car should be mint

i know mine is showroom condition - i would think yours is too

also in your photos how the trunk looks different color than quarter panel and front driver fender color look different than door - they all seem to do that in photos

enjoy
It must be the hotspot for low milage evo's at the moment, haha! and yeah it's pretty much mint but I am extremely **** about interiors especially. pretty much everything exterior wise was perfect, engine so clean. When I say bring it back, I truly mean bring it back to brand new shape all around.

Originally Posted by varv
Looks brand new! Welcome
Thank you!!

I didn’t see it in person, but I talked to the dealer in October when the had it listed for $57,000.

Due to paintwork and mods - it wasnt what I was looking for thus never inspected it in person.
It was clean. I had a third party go in and do a PPI on it before I flew out there. Engine was super healthy and I had plans for it anyway so the mods didnt bother me much. The guys did a hell of a job on the paint work because until they pointed out what they did, I honestly couldnt even tell.

Originally Posted by Abacus
Congratulations. Sounds like you waited for the right one!
Thank you!! I am thrilled.

Originally Posted by asayamalaka
it's the angle on the panels, the most dramatic being the front fenders to the doors; evo is just too angular for physics on earth, faster than speed of light
haha right! I thought all the evo's I was seeing were dented or something. So strange!! But this was the best era for cars, ever IMO. The aggressive body lines and cars that actually have hips just makes me feel tingly....I miss real cars

Originally Posted by RallySport9
Yea the way the fenders come out of the evos door so suddenly to get wider is alot like the BMW e30 m3 or the Lancia evo fenders. Mix that with a pearl flake paint and it look like a completely different shade in different angles.

Here is also a pretty cool pic a painter showed me of how angles in light play with shades on cars. These are the exact same colour, cover the middle with your finger:

That is wild. I love all the angles in this car. Cars nowadays are just minimalist smooth and boring.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by BRW21
It must be the hotspot for low milage evo's at the moment, haha! and yeah it's pretty much mint but I am extremely **** about interiors especially. pretty much everything exterior wise was perfect, engine so clean. When I say bring it back, I truly mean bring it back to brand new shape all around.

Thank you!!

It was clean. I had a third party go in and do a PPI on it before I flew out there. Engine was super healthy and I had plans for it anyway so the mods didnt bother me much. The guys did a hell of a job on the paint work because until they pointed out what they did, I honestly couldnt even tell.

Thank you!! I am thrilled.

haha right! I thought all the evo's I was seeing were dented or something. So strange!! But this was the best era for cars, ever IMO. The aggressive body lines and cars that actually have hips just makes me feel tingly....I miss real cars

That is wild. I love all the angles in this car. Cars nowadays are just minimalist smooth and boring.

Enjoy it my friend! I just picked mine up after getting belt service done - which was a must imho

The following users liked this post:
BRW21 (Jan 23, 2023)
Old Jan 23, 2023, 01:49 PM

Enjoy it my friend! I just picked mine up after getting belt service done - which was a must imho

Thanks man! Looks clean!!! every time I see an evo I smile. Still can’t believe I have one. I’m sure you feel the same about that beauty. The true “look back” car. It’s stunning.
91355evo9 (Jan 23, 2023)
Old Jan 23, 2023, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man! Looks clean!!! every time I see an evo I smile. Still can’t believe I have one. I’m sure you feel the same about that beauty. The true “look back” car. It’s stunning.
100%. Like you I have much more expensive cars. The EVO I love it. Can't stop. I hardly seem them on the road around here.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 04:03 PM

Thumbs up

100%. Like you I have much more expensive cars. The EVO I love it. Can't stop. I hardly seem them on the road around here.
Same. Don't get me wrong, I love Ferrari / Porsche and am very passionate about the brands and my cars, but (and anybody who actually knows me will agree) for the last 15 years when I see an EVO, the world stops. I turn into a full blown kid again. I get my phone out and immediately film and take pics and send them to my good buddies. Sadly this has only been a 2-3 time occurrence over the last few years. e46 M3, Evo, a proper s2k, e36, mk5/mk6 VW's and other cars from that era always break my neck. I am so excited to get this car here to enjoy it and start the process on making it what my 16 year old self would have wanted it to be. I felt more emotional when I bought this car than when I bought my first Ferrari, and that is saying a lot. Still surreal to me that I own one of these and it's the people on this thread that are making it that much more of an enjoyable experience so thank you all. It feels nice to be on a forum that isn't full of pompus D I C K S, which is what I've become so used to with these other brands. You guys rock.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Same. Don't get me wrong, I love Ferrari / Porsche and am very passionate about the brands and my cars, but (and anybody who actually knows me will agree) for the last 15 years when I see an EVO, the world stops. I turn into a full blown kid again. I get my phone out and immediately film and take pics and send them to my good buddies. Sadly this has only been a 2-3 time occurrence over the last few years. e46 M3, Evo, a proper s2k, e36, mk5/mk6 VW's and other cars from that era always break my neck. I am so excited to get this car here to enjoy it and start the process on making it what my 16 year old self would have wanted it to be. I felt more emotional when I bought this car than when I bought my first Ferrari, and that is saying a lot. Still surreal to me that I own one of these and it's the people on this thread that are making it that much more of an enjoyable experience so thank you all. It feels nice to be on a forum that isn't full of pompus D I C K S, which is what I've become so used to with these other brands. You guys rock.
same here! I shouls have bought one new - live and learn

for what i paid for a mint stock one - people are like you can get an evora you can get new GR blah blah.

As I tell them - the evo comes closest to my Lotus Elise as a 4 door.

I love the purity of driving it.

You either get or you dont.

Glad you are enjoying yours. I went to a big evo shop today - lots of eye candy. Was fun
BRW21 (Jan 24, 2023)
Old Jan 25, 2023, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome ride and cool to see how passionate you are about the platform! Hope it continues to bring you tons of smiles!
BRW21 (Jan 26, 2023)
Old Jan 26, 2023, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Stryfe707
Awesome ride and cool to see how passionate you are about the platform! Hope it continues to bring you tons of smiles!
thanks a lot man!! Smiles are the goal
Old Jan 29, 2023, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Drive it in good health!

Question. How did you find such a great example? I’ve been toying with the idea of getting own for awhile and figured let’s do it haha
Old Jan 29, 2023, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrPete18
Question. How did you find such a great example? I’ve been toying with the idea of getting own for awhile and figured let’s do it haha
They are out there - search diligently
BRW21 (Jan 29, 2023)
Old Jan 29, 2023, 05:31 PM

They are out there - search diligently

Any suggestions? I’ve started checking daily on BAT, the for sale section, and all the car sales sites. Prefer a transaction directly with seller, so I guess I’ll have to be patient
Old Jan 29, 2023, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by MrPete18
Congrats! Drive it in good health!

honestly I just browsed BAT, cars.com, and other basic used car sites super casually for a few years just waiting for one to pop up. When it’s not your only car it gets a lot easier because you don’t NEED it. Just be patient. Look frequently. One will come up. I’ll keep an eye out for you as well.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 06:55 PM

True, easier to be patient to look for the right one. Took me a year of looking before I stumbled across my 997.1 GT3.

Just want to check those bucket list cars now. I’m on the ‘let’s get those circa late 90’s/early 2000s Gran Turismo Japanese cars I could never afford’ right at this point in time haha

Thank you for keeping an eye out!
BRW21 (Jan 29, 2023)

Quick Reply: New Here - 15k Mile Evo MR