Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

newbie to this forum? Yes, newbie to Evo's family? No!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2002, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy newbie to this forum? Yes, newbie to Evo's family? No!

Hi guys... just checked in the 2nd day i joined. Here I read a lot of discussion which is good because I really want to hear from what people found especially what Mitsu is going to do for their new plan. I always wondering about what they (the US executives) have been thinking about their marketing strategy especially their USA operation division. Whether they have no control over to what they can sell in terms of what their home country the company can produce. Or perhaps they need to study how many WRXs their rival can sell before pushing their production effort in full throttle.

Anyway... I have known Evolution since the summer of 97 when I bought a VCD from Best Motoring (Japan club). It talked about the Evo. IV GSR and RS competiting against the best of the bunch in Japan that time ....like supra RZ, GTR_R33, Rx7, NSX, and the WRX STi. Never the less, I recalled the RS ran a 13.3 for quarter mile while the GSR is heavier and ran a 13.46. And the RS was the quickest comparing the others'. Of course... for all these years I have kept with the news what the latest were coming out...

Anyway, what I don't like USA Mitsubishi about is they had no influence to break through a dead trend. If Evolution is too limited and risky, what about Galant the super VR4 (especially the 98~00) model.
The American's facelift has been another silly thing...why bother wasting $ to make a new look other than the one sold in Japan? Anyway Mitsubishi US sucks!... hope they have more influence in the upcoming Evo8 and if possible Galant AWD ... but news... we want breaking news!!! Everything kept in secret is just killing us ... (Mitsubishi, are you reading me?? , a bunch of sucker/slaves working to make a living without passion....sometimes I just hope Toyota/Honda completely took over the market share...cos' I don't like Mitsu the Japanese rulers those folks have been selfish and sucker...!!!
Old Sep 21, 2002, 04:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
i'm just bummed they aren't just bringing over the vii... all the spy shots i've seen of the viii are disappointing.

that said, it makes sense for them to hold out. if they bring the evo over, they know there's a healthy market for them. subaru was only going to sell 10K wrx's i believe, but ended up selling 18K instead. so if the non-evo lancer turbo is a reality, they will probably sell a lot of those to the people who weren't lucky enough to get an evo. subaru gets to play the next card though with the sti, after they figure out whether or not people will pay 30K for a non-luxury-brand high-tech rally-inspired sports car.

all in all though - it's a good time to be a car buyer.

-bd