Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie from New Zealand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie from New Zealand

Hi guys,

My name is Cole, I'm from new zealand. Currently I own a lightly modified STi type R (gc8 coupe) version 5, it's the genuine japan spec sti 2 door. Looking at selling her and buying an evo, possibly 6.5 Makinen or 9, or a spec C sti. The car makes 350bhp and 330ftlb at 1.2bar, pretty much the limit on the stock engine and turbo, and the dccd close ratio gearbox is also at it's limit now. It's just old technology, the car is real light and nimble, heaps of fun, but the powerband quite narrow and the chassis isn't very stiff.
My best mate has an evo 7 and while I won't admit it around him, it's fantastic for a near stock car. Just looking on here to research evo's more and look at the fabrication thread (I'm a stainless fabricator by trade)..

Cheers
Old Mar 31, 2014, 03:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroyon223
Hi guys,

My name is Cole, I'm from new zealand. Currently I own a lightly modified STi type R (gc8 coupe) version 5, it's the genuine japan spec sti 2 door. Looking at selling her and buying an evo, possibly 6.5 Makinen or 9, or a spec C sti. The car makes 350bhp and 330ftlb at 1.2bar, pretty much the limit on the stock engine and turbo, and the dccd close ratio gearbox is also at it's limit now. It's just old technology, the car is real light and nimble, heaps of fun, but the powerband quite narrow and the chassis isn't very stiff.
My best mate has an evo 7 and while I won't admit it around him, it's fantastic for a near stock car. Just looking on here to research evo's more and look at the fabrication thread (I'm a stainless fabricator by trade)..

Cheers
Welcome Cole! It's great to have a another Kiwi join the community! You have direct access to Evo series we never saw in the states. Please let us know how goes your search.

Bob