Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New '14 GSR WW Owner

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New '14 GSR WW Owner

Edit: obvious typo in the title. Not GSX but GSR

Hey what's up guys, I've been a member of this forum a long time ago when I was shopping for Evo 8/9's, but I ended up getting a MKIV supra and pretty much forgot about this forum until now.

Anyways, since I've known my girlfriend she's always been a car enthusiast. Her first car and current daily is a Celica GT-S with the VVTL-i engine found in the Lotus Elise. It was a pretty sweet ride but she's had it for the better part of a decade and it's nearing 240k miles. Gotta fill a quart of oil every 1k miles, it's time.

She always had an obsession with Evos. Been saving and looking for years now and she finally was able to find the perfect one. It is a 100% stock 2014 wicked white GSR with the SS package, best part is that it only had ~7000 miles on the clock. Knowing how difficult it is to find a stock Evo, especially an older one is near impossible for a reasonable price so she purchased this one immediately on sight. We were gonna get a brand new one but the lack of Recaro's was a deal breaker.

She's loving the car (and I'm loving it a little bit more), it's the fastest car I've been in since my single'd supra which I got rid of about 7 years ago.

I currently daily a BMW E36 328i sometimes my S/C'd Lexus IS300 5MT. Both fun and highly modified but not even in the same league as the GSR. Also have a MR2 spyder that I auto-x often, it's so incredibly similar to the Evo in terms of handling. I'm amazed at how well this car handles considering the size and weight.

Anyways I'm babbling too much, here are some pics of the car. Just picked it up last night so haven't had any chances to take proper pictures. Even though this is my girlfriend's car, she isn't much of a forum person. So I personally look forward to be a part of this community!

It was purchased at a Subaru dealership apparently previous owner got in over his head and needed a more practical ride so he traded it for a forester.
New '14 GSR WW Owner-vlhrde1.jpg

My girlfriend mentally jizzing after finally getting her dream car
New '14 GSR WW Owner-gakvgtt.jpg

Picked it up 2 days later because they had to take it in for state safety inspection. Hmm should we have taken that rally blue WRX instead?
New '14 GSR WW Owner-5pb7x5g.jpg

New '14 GSR WW Owner-cv3mzky.jpg

My E36 328i. Has every M3 part installed. Tuned, stiffened, plenty of bolt-ons, mechanically 100% sound, all preventative maintenance done early always, no rust, drove it 2500 miles cross country last month no problem. Just needs some cosmetic love. 260k miles. Compression test earlier this year was 200+- 7psi for all 6.
New '14 GSR WW Owner-wen1rec.jpg

New '14 GSR WW Owner-nqjh98g.jpg

New '14 GSR WW Owner-osjouxt.jpg

New '14 GSR WW Owner-au3n6iv.jpg

Her Toyota Celica GT-S 6-speed. My IS300 next to it, currently fabbing some intercooler piping for the supercharger.
New '14 GSR WW Owner-u77op27.jpg

Mileage on the celica. Compression is consistent but low.
New '14 GSR WW Owner-eipll8m.jpg

Last edited by Velocity211; Jun 27, 2016 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Typo in title
Old Jun 27, 2016, 05:02 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi!

This is a great introduction and fun to read, welcome and thanks! I fixed your typo and I'm pretty sure she will have jealous boyfriend asking to borrow the keys!

WW has always been my favorite color for a Evo and looks the sharpest. Nice find as there are many people looking for a clean low mileage stock Evo, have fun!

Bob
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Hi!

This is a great introduction and fun to read, welcome and thanks! I fixed your typo and I'm pretty sure she will have jealous boyfriend asking to borrow the keys!

WW has always been my favorite color for a Evo and looks the sharpest. Nice find as there are many people looking for a clean low mileage stock Evo, have fun!

Bob
Thanks for fixing the title, the eclipse GSX is cool and all but it certainly is no Evo! Glad my post was a good read, you guys will definitely see me around here often.

P.s. They gave us two keys, so that won't be an issue
Old Jun 27, 2016, 07:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Congrats! Time for mods.

- Robert