Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New evo IX owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New evo IX owner!!!

Hello everybody I bought an 06 evo 9 with 100,000 miles on it last Friday and love it!!! It has 1200 injectors, full exhaust, intake and intercooler piping. I do have a question... on the way home it drove awesome it had about half tank of gas and when I was close to home I filled it up. Later that day once it got up to 3 grand and I gave it gas it would start cutting out and sputtering. But today it has half tank of gas and it's running like it did when I bought it. I could get to 3 grand and floor it and it didn't cut out and what not. I read plugs could be the problem so I'll get some also I'll be doing a boost leak test later this week. I'm thinking it could be bad gas, we've got a lot of rain maybe rain got into the tanks? Idk thanks for any advice
The following users liked this post:
MAX EVO (Jun 27, 2019)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 05:48 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi!

Welcome to your new Evo home! That is a very clean 06!

Please post your questions concerning power loss in the Evo 9 forum linked below. Very knowledgeable fellow owners will help you go through the steps to trouble shoot your problem.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...drivetrain-22/

Bob
Old Jun 27, 2019, 06:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yes, welcome for sure @SUPER fly TSi . You joined many years ago & just now got an EvO?

Yeah, post up in the Engine tech forum w/your issues. Being that this is a new EvO for you, a full engine inspection should be done w/a subsequent re-tune if the tune details are unknown

BTW, that pics of the EvO looks real nice. Super aggressive wheels

Joe