Notices
ExtremeTurboSystems.com – WA Custom Intercoolers, Intercooler Kits, Turbo Kits and Performance Parts. [Visit Site]

ETS - The BIG 3.5" EVO Exhaust System that could!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to get this exhaust.........
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
I need to get this exhaust.........
yes you do. i dont know who you are or what your about but i do know you need this bad boy. i have one and i love it better then sex. its that sweet.

im going to the dyno on saturday and im bringing a vid camera. if i am able too i will post up some sound clips and drive buys and some idle shots.....
Old Nov 29, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

which specific muffler is used from aero turbine?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
As power passes 500whp we've seen gains to be had in upgrading to our 3.5" system. When power is in the 600whp neighborhood the good news gets considerably better when compared to the performance of a free-flowing 3" system. We do build a 3" version if you'd prefer it, and it's $100 less for either downpipe-back or cat-back versions than our 3.5" system

Tom
Tom, not at all! The 3.5" would be my next exhaust, and of course they're made for the Evo 9 as well, correct? I haven't looked.

Just curious, because I wanted to run an electric cutout/dump but after weighing the options, figuratively and literally, its worth it just to get the most free flowing exhaust. Period.

One last question and I'll STFU......do you guys make a silencer insert for the muffler?

I had one on my Helix and it was like Ellen Degeneres, it didn't do di......forget it.

But the cops sure appreciated it.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by bmguser
which specific muffler is used from aero turbine?
It is their 4040XL as seen here - http://www.aeroexhaust.com/diesel_muffler_4040xl.html

Check out the "VIEW INSIDE" link for a cool cross section of the muffler design. Lots of good information on their site!

Originally Posted by feldguy
Tom, not at all! The 3.5" would be my next exhaust, and of course they're made for the Evo 9 as well, correct? I haven't looked.

Just curious, because I wanted to run an electric cutout/dump but after weighing the options, figuratively and literally, its worth it just to get the most free flowing exhaust. Period.

One last question and I'll STFU......do you guys make a silencer insert for the muffler?

I had one on my Helix and it was like Ellen Degeneres, it didn't do di......forget it.

But the cops sure appreciated it.
Yes they fit both EVO VIIIs and EVO IX's perfectly and we even have a version for the JDM rear bumper

We can make you a silencer but the one we tested didn't work particularly well either We would probably prefer to do a resonated system for you as that would have a better impact on sound reduction without restricting flow!

Tom
Old Nov 29, 2007, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Nah, I was just after the look actually, but considering the state police came to my house (long story, inspecting quads for stolen ones throughout the town and we don't have municipal police), the two officers actually had me pegging my Evo off the rev limiter to hear the "little 4 cylinder".

Anyways....ever consider making an exhaust out of aluminum?

I know, expensive and not durable BUT, for a time attack car? It'd be a significantly cheaper alternative than titanium.....

Anyways.....nice exhaust. Im working on an Evo 9 right now....so I might be giving you a call soon. Take care and great work!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

so for us guys under 500whp- the 3 incher would be more efficient? Would we lose power if say a stock turbo car used the 3.5?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
yes you do. i dont know who you are or what your about but i do know you need this bad boy. i have one and i love it better then sex. its that sweet.

im going to the dyno on saturday and im bringing a vid camera. if i am able too i will post up some sound clips and drive buys and some idle shots.....
I am that guy who is all about ETS and a loyal customer of ETS..... Almost everything on my car is ETS ......I need to get this exhaust, my 57 trim would be b!tching with this. The Fujitsubo with the resonators are killing me .
Old Nov 30, 2007, 08:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by feldguy
Nah, I was just after the look actually, but considering the state police came to my house (long story, inspecting quads for stolen ones throughout the town and we don't have municipal police), the two officers actually had me pegging my Evo off the rev limiter to hear the "little 4 cylinder".

Anyways....ever consider making an exhaust out of aluminum?

I know, expensive and not durable BUT, for a time attack car? It'd be a significantly cheaper alternative than titanium.....

Anyways.....nice exhaust. Im working on an Evo 9 right now....so I might be giving you a call soon. Take care and great work!
Aluminum under the heat of exhaust temperatures gets VERY soft. It is unfortunately not a reliable solution for lightweight exhaust parts.

Originally Posted by smp3000
so for us guys under 500whp- the 3 incher would be more efficient? Would we lose power if say a stock turbo car used the 3.5?
The exhaust scavenging effect you're referring to better applies to a naturally aspirated car where the exhaust system itself is responsible for being tuned for length, bends, diameter to pull exhaust from the head. In a turbocharged application it is the manifold responsible for scavenging the exhaust and making its transition into the turbocharger for maximum response. The exhaust outlet from a turbocharger is most functional when there is literally zero restriction, thus the reason most turbocharged racecars usually have the shortest possible straight pipe exhaust "system" to evacuate exhaust gasses from the engine bay.

Originally Posted by SickSilverNLow
I am that guy who is all about ETS and a loyal customer of ETS..... Almost everything on my car is ETS ......I need to get this exhaust, my 57 trim would be b!tching with this. The Fujitsubo with the resonators are killing me .
I wouldn't worry about the resonators so much if it didn't weigh so much that it stretched your exhaust hangers. Talk about GETTIN' LOW

Tom
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
I wouldn't worry about the resonators so much if it didn't weigh so much that it stretched your exhaust hangers. Talk about GETTIN' LOW

Tom
.....but you know me bro...i am all about ETS .
Old Dec 1, 2007, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

do you guys sell staged kits for evos like ams and buschur? i was thinking about going with buschur because thier vband exhaust fits the jdm rear. but this looks like another option if it came in a staged kit.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 04:55 AM

I dont believe they sell staged kits but you could buy this exhaust along with there intake, a hallman mbc,walbro 255 fuel pump and get a mail in Jestr tune for a stage 1. Intercooler and piping for a stage 2.Pm ETS Tom for the hookup and great customer service.I spent alot of time looking at vendors before purchasing and went with ets.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

So at some point I want to replace all of what I have done already with ETS stuff!
Old Dec 1, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You guys make some incredible products

Carlos
Old Dec 1, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice

Quick Reply: ETS - The BIG 3.5" EVO Exhaust System that could!