Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo X in GT5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Draco-REX
Being an avid gamer, and even being in the biz, I've found that screenshots like that are rarely accurate when compared to the game in action. Often they're taken from the development machines which can pump out a high-rez, ultra clear shot because they don't care about framerates. Also, Sony/Polyphony have been using High-rez intros for the GT games since the second one. I'm not saying GT5 won't look this good, but that you shouldn't get your hopes up.
The Concept download of GT HD for the PS3 looks exactly like that and plays ultra smooth...it's graphics are amazing...so I'm pretty sure GT5 will be the same way...cant say for sure...but I could only image it would get better as programmers have more time to program and they learn how to fully utilize the PS3s power.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
All I know is if GT5 on the PS3 does look like that during normal game play I could finally see why the PS3 is so damn expensive.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rudager
The Concept download of GT HD for the PS3 looks exactly like that and plays ultra smooth...it's graphics are amazing...so I'm pretty sure GT5 will be the same way...cant say for sure...but I could only image it would get better as programmers have more time to program and they learn how to fully utilize the PS3s power.
I hope so, the PS3 needs a killer app. I've considered getting one, but only as a cheap Blu-Ray player. Though I loved the GT series, it hasn't grown in the ways I'd have liked. Maybe GT5 will be different.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

I hope so, the PS3 needs a killer app. I've considered getting one, but only as a cheap Blu-Ray player. Though I loved the GT series, it hasn't grown in the ways I'd have liked. Maybe GT5 will be different.
Ah man just like every new console, launch games suck mostly. It took the 360 a year to have a killer app (Gears of War) and it's not even been that long with PS3. Look forward to Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk, Assasin's Creed...and ESPECIALLY (the killer app of all) Metal Gear Solid
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rudager
Ah man just like every new console, launch games suck mostly. It took the 360 a year to have a killer app (Gears of War) and it's not even been that long with PS3. Look forward to Heavenly Sword, Lair, Warhawk, Assasin's Creed...and ESPECIALLY (the killer app of all) Metal Gear Solid
Of that list, the only one I'm interested in is Assassin's Creed. And that's visiting the 360. I buy consoles on the strength of their driving games. But the PS3's price is a bit steep to justify gettng one just for GT5. But the Blu-ray function might be worth the difference.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Yes you are right...Assassin's Creed will be on 360 too...that is one of the PS3s problems...companies arent being devoted to one console...they are all crossing over to most next-gen platforms...PS3 is a hands down a better console than the 360...However...360 has the major advantage in the fact that it is easier to program AND it has a year jump on the compeitition
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Friggin' sick! I can't wait for this game to come out...

Originally Posted by fastrob691
Is GT5 out yet, if so im buying a PS3 this week? especially with the price drop.
no, its not out yet.

Originally Posted by Alexander
Whoa.. where'd you find these?
I'm not the thread starter, but I can easily tell you where he got them... gtplanet.net

Originally Posted by Noize
Eat your heart out, Forza 2!
Hell yeah!! lol
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Eat your heart out, Forza 2!
I find the feel of a driving game to be more important than the graphics. So far, in my opinion, Forza 2 is the best on consoles so far. GT4 left a little to be desired. Here's hoping GT5 is more than a facelift and roster change.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolving Member

I find the feel of a driving game to be more important than the graphics. So far, in my opinion, Forza 2 is the best on consoles so far. GT4 left a little to be desired. Here's hoping GT5 is more than a facelift and roster change.
Oh, I totally agree. As far as realistic driving characteristics go, Forza 2 has GT4 beat. Of course, before Forza 2 came out GT4 was as good as it got. That said, I'm sure the folks at Polyphony Digital will be one-up on Forza 2 in the formentioned category when GT5 hits the market.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

whoa!! im at the old graphics from the gt games. definitely on my list of games.

i still love GT3 and hate GT4
Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Heh,

The action shots from GT5 gives much better shots then what I've seen so far. Kudos to the GT 3D designers... now lets see what Forza is cooking up ^_^
Old Jul 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

yeah I totally loved GT3 and hated GT4. This game does look amazing tho, so thats a definate plus!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

the game graphics looks crazy!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

yea the graphics look just like GTHD... nice.. cant wait for the full version... bastards teasing us..
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:51 PM

Sweet! I can't wait for the full release.

Quick Reply: Evo X in GT5