Notices
Discussion / Rumors The rumored Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution XI. .What have you heard? What do you think?

"Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-shows/...06-13xbtm.html
So no more R&D going into sedans at the moment for Mitsubishi. Looks like the only way we are getting a new Lancer of some sorts is through a rebadge of Nissan/Renault

http://www.caradvice.com.au/340370/m...ear-evo-badge/
Only glimmer of hope is if the new PHEV lines becomes so profitable, we will get performance versions of them, and if we are lucky get a new Lancer PHEV EVO as well
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemsin
Any links to where you are getting info that something is coming? I cannot find anything from Mitsubishi to get excited about.
No links because I am getting it direct from people in Mitsubishi sales, and Mitsubishi engineering.
There are 2 platforms they are working on, one is similar to the Porsche Spyder set up (Mitsubishi actually had it first), and they have 3 prototypes built using the new Lancer platform, and the other is a multi-use platform that the current Outlander Phev Concept car is built on and is the preferred option by the CEO at this point.
The only information is that constant, is that whatever ends up hitting the streets will be a hybrid.
Whether it is a Lancer, or something else will remain to be seen. The earliest we will see something will be next year which is the scheduled release of the new Lancer (IF that is what they use).
Also please note, that the current Outlander Phev uses many things developed for the Lancer Evo prototypes and the Outlander is essentially being used for on road R&D.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 03:13 PM

such a shame well at least when i get my evo x i know ill hold onto it
Old Mar 7, 2015, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/mit...i-concept.html
Old Mar 8, 2015, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Ralliart
No links because I am getting it direct from people in Mitsubishi sales, and Mitsubishi engineering.
There are 2 platforms they are working on, one is similar to the Porsche Spyder set up (Mitsubishi actually had it first), and they have 3 prototypes built using the new Lancer platform, and the other is a multi-use platform that the current Outlander Phev Concept car is built on and is the preferred option by the CEO at this point.
The only information is that constant, is that whatever ends up hitting the streets will be a hybrid.
Whether it is a Lancer, or something else will remain to be seen. The earliest we will see something will be next year which is the scheduled release of the new Lancer (IF that is what they use).
Also please note, that the current Outlander Phev uses many things developed for the Lancer Evo prototypes and the Outlander is essentially being used for on road R&D.
I had rumors from people that went to conferences in Japan that new model or not, they planned to do either a soft or hard restyle on Lancer, can you confirm that mate?
IMO: Current lancer is a good car, it only needs a new engine and interior/exterior update to keep things rolling. Its been top safety pick for quite a long time.

Last edited by PZ.eu; Mar 8, 2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by PZ.eu
I had rumors from people that went to conferences in Japan that new model or not, they planned to do either a soft or hard restyle on Lancer, can you confirm that mate?
IMO: Current lancer is a good car, it only needs a new engine and interior/exterior update to keep things rolling. Its been top safety pick for quite a long time.
Well as you probably know, the Evo X isn't really a Lancer anyway, it's a Galant.
The Evo was originally supposed to end with the TME, then when the CT9A was the last (true) Lancer, they shifted the platform that engineering had developed to the Galant and badged it as a Lancer Evo for marketing purposes. There never really was an intention to make an Evo XI (or we would have seen it already years ago). It's just way too big for a Rally car (although it has done very well in Group N).

The new Lancer shape due for release next year is quite different, and smaller (thank God).
There is an old photo floating around on the internets of an Evo prototype and it is clearly using this new shape going by preproduction drawings of the new Lancer.
But as i've mentioned a few times, so much rides on the whims of the CEO unfortunately. He is starting to come around though, but as I have been told so many times over here, nobody know for sure what's coming until it's actually being built for production.

If and when I hear something reasonably concrete I will certainly post it, but I don't expect that to be at least until the end of this year, but who knows, fingers crossed! All the activity by Toyota, Hyundai, and now Honda has definitely lit a fire under Mitsubishi's ***
Old Mar 9, 2015, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Ralliart
Well as you probably know, the Evo X isn't really a Lancer anyway, it's a Galant.
The Evo was originally supposed to end with the TME, then when the CT9A was the last (true) Lancer, they shifted the platform that engineering had developed to the Galant and badged it as a Lancer Evo for marketing purposes. There never really was an intention to make an Evo XI (or we would have seen it already years ago). It's just way too big for a Rally car (although it has done very well in Group N).

The new Lancer shape due for release next year is quite different, and smaller (thank God).
There is an old photo floating around on the internets of an Evo prototype and it is clearly using this new shape going by preproduction drawings of the new Lancer.
But as i've mentioned a few times, so much rides on the whims of the CEO unfortunately. He is starting to come around though, but as I have been told so many times over here, nobody know for sure what's coming until it's actually being built for production.

If and when I hear something reasonably concrete I will certainly post it, but I don't expect that to be at least until the end of this year, but who knows, fingers crossed! All the activity by Toyota, Hyundai, and now Honda has definitely lit a fire under Mitsubishi's ***
Yeah, the current Lancer dwarfs previous iterations by a quite margin. THey call it Galant Fortis in Japan right?
Honestly I like current Lancer a lot. But most of the times I look at as abandoned child.
I heard its going to be something along length of previous generation Lancer (CS series) and that it might be carrying newer gen engine(not 4J/4B series one, maybe 4N).
I am really looking forward to any Lancer(regular, Mitsubishi managament left me little for an evo successor to hope for) for now. But I was hoping they would rather enhance the current CY chassis, rather then milk out as hard as they did and throw it out.

I do think its stupendously too much power given to one man, but I will be glad if they avoid borrowing the model from Nissan or even worse Renault for Lancers compact spot, as for Galant(as in Galant) if they can get Altima/Maxima platform to work on, I'll be really fine with it.

In other news apart from the new engine, I know for a fact that there will be restyle of Mirage that will supposedly make it a better look in the eye. Everything else I know is a guess.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 07:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
interesting news, but i'm not optmistic about the performance aspects of a hybrid. adds complication and weight. would be great if they could include as non-hybrid submodel. or what might be cool is a version that uses electric motors for launching and regen braking only. that would make for great launches and take some stress off the clutch and transmission. but then that puts heavy motors at the wheels which sucks.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well as far as I can tell, there is literally nothing exciting from Mitsubishi on the horizon. There is plenty of info for their release schedule for the next three years online. http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...a-unified-look
Old Mar 9, 2015, 06:06 PM

Guess when its time to replace my 2010 Lancer it will be with a Mazda 3. Mazda may be small too but at least they keep their entire lineup current.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Is the more powerful 473 HP Evo X out in the US already?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ual-life-video
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

That has about as much chance of seeing production as this
Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by MrJuls
Is the more powerful 473 HP Evo X out in the US already?

You mean this one?

Old Mar 10, 2015, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by nemsin
That has about as much chance of seeing production as this

Quick Reply: "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports.