Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

...end of Mitsubishi?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:07 PM

Location: In the Out skirt where the deer roam's and Bambi meet's the Lion King
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I am kind of tire of some people jibble jabble nonsense with their "Opinion" and what they "think/assumption" of the company. Please read multiple sources and understand the dynamic of our economy. Here is one of the link. Read between the line. Jebus ...
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...marketing-cash

Last edited by Lost Empire; Dec 29, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Lost Empire
So I am kind of tire of some people jibble jabble nonsense with their "Opinion" and what they "think/assumption" of the company. Please read multiple sources and understand the dynamic of our economy. Here is one of the link. Read between the line. Jebus ...
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...marketing-cash
Yea who the **** cares about an outlander drove one and its well meh at best...

Good luck on mitsu doubling its sales . Maybe this time you'll be able to drive one via smart phone. Gimme a damn break
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

I just went to the San Diego Auto Show and Mitsubishi was a no show....Kia was there however!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

I see them not lasting in north america just cause well nobody i know goes i want a mitsubishi. I love my evo and i liked my eclipse and friends mirage. Something u have to remember is there is mhi which is huge and also mitsubishi electronics which also is huge esp for air conditioners. Mitsubishi would die off the face of the earth and how many times have u gone to the dealership after you bought your car. I have been to the dealership once out of 3 years why cause we have the aftermarket which wont go away for a long time.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
It's been the end of Mitsubishi since 1989 when I purchased my first Eclipse.
Haha great post!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:56 AM

Mitsubishi has been an interesting brand. It was rather popular pre-gran turismo days and then boomed a bit from that era. Then it just fell away. Should have signed a Ken Block of sorts and gone the Subaru bro route to keep it alive.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RallyBud
I just went to the San Diego Auto Show and Mitsubishi was a no show....Kia was there however!
In order to sell something, you have to be something somewhere, and thats clearly what Mitsubishi fails to realise, in order to sell on the market, you have to be 24/7 on the market, no miracle is ever going to sell you, just your approach, Korean rustcans are selling like they're coming of retailstores rather than dealerships, why? Because whenever you open internet/tv/newspapers and there you see mutants with large KIA, H emblems popping out from somewhere*, where is Mitsubishi?? Well usually on aircond's, some electronics and people that usually recognise that are mostly (ex) drivers themselves. Here is some more: in late 1980 and early 1990's(Mitsubishi's peak popularity and breakthrough) you couldn't live from Mitsubishi like you can't live from Korean rustcans today: Mitsubishi was all over the place from (read carefully) F1 races with large banners with 3 red diamonds and "Mitsubishi" on them(google ayrton senna/alan prost etc races and you will notice it, its hard to miss it), to actively participating in 2 major rally events (WRC and Dakar Rally- Winning the biggest Dakar rally ever drive to date) to usual marketting. Now you might see those near some green pages dripping some stuff about ecology, and thats pages people usually skip...
Take any other top tier brand regardless of target car audiance(Toyota, Audi, Merc) and start looking your TV you will find atleast one channel with those brands being indirectly commerializing, for instance I was watching Strongest Man competition and it was swirming with Mercedes Benz signs, Alpine ski events is all Audis, your NBA games come with variety of brands(most loud are those Korean rustcans again), Mitsubishi is nowhere to be seen again...

* + Koreans preach of bizzare MPG numbers not even them take for real
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:54 AM
Evolving Member

I own a 2011 Galant SE and it is a fantastic car, economical, good on ice/snow, comfortable, roomy, love the Sirius, NAV, heated seats, etc and my EVO is amazing (that goes without saying)...
Im happy I discovered this brand, all because a Subaru dealer treated me less than professionally in 2011. I was originally looking at wrx/sti.....I would hate to see Mitsubishi go. I support them 100%. Viva la Mitsubishi!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyBud
Did you know Mitsubishi unveiled their new stuff in L.A. Auto Show (2012). Come on man...Theres not a lot of people going to San Diego convention center anyways.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:52 PM

Location: In the Out skirt where the deer roam's and Bambi meet's the Lion King
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Yea who the **** cares about an outlander drove one and its well meh at best...

Good luck on mitsu doubling its sales . Maybe this time you'll be able to drive one via smart phone. Gimme a damn break
You are a complete tool buddy. So why do you even bother driving a Mitsubishi and on this forum by the way? What a complete troll. While company out there trying to make sale and keep job for their employees, idiot like you are a complete waste of space ... So why don't you sell your Mitsucrapy and drive a Camry or a Corolla ?!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lost Empire
You are a complete tool buddy. So why do you even bother driving a Mitsubishi and on this forum by the way? What a complete troll. While company out there trying to make sale and keep job for their employees, idiot like you are a complete waste of space ... So why don't you sell your Mitsucrapy and drive a Camry or a Corolla ?!
Hahahaha you mad bro

Poor fan boy I feel bad for your precious company... on second thought no i don't.

They've been screwing over good customers for years every way they can. Funny there was 3 dealers near here and everyone was ****ing terrible. They're all boarded up now and good riddance.

At least I can still order parts for my POS online. Sorry about your butthurt.

Sucks the best car I have ever owned was made by the worst car company in North America anyway.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yea and enjoy that new Outlander test drive app
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi Motor Corporation (At a Glance) Financial Analysis

I'm an Evo fanboy. That being said, I don't think things look good at MMC.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/con...ual2012-13.pdf

To be clear, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) is a privately held company and therefore does *NOT* file Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings in the EDGAR database. I was really surprised to figure out that the company's private.

Fortunately, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) *IS* publicly traded on the Tokyo stock exchange and therefore must make public filings about their financial conditions.

Here are points from a quick financial review of the annual report:

1) In FY2012, MMC could not sustain its investing or financing activities w/ cash flow from operations. CFO = $1,452,565K, CFI = ($840,362K), CFF = ($639,733K); CFO + CFI + CFF = ($66,571K). This means MMC burned through $66.571 MILLION dollars of CASH from Mar 31 2011 through Mar 31, 2012.

2) The decrease of $66.571M in cash was a significant reversal when compared to FY2011, where MMC generated 52.875M Yen (~$609K USD) in cash. Note that $609K positive cash generation for a year, while at least above zero, is basically zero compared to revenues of $22B USD.

3) To be fair, the big change in FY2012 was the repayment of $1.152B USD of long term debt (LTD); this number was only 194,443M Yen (~$2.24M USD) in FY2011.

<continued next post>

Last edited by BoostLover99; Jan 1, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

4) The sudden increase in LTD redemption/retirement begs the question, "Why retire debt now, when global interest rates are at historic lows?" The answer is unnerving: because MMC has no other choice.

This table is copied from footnote 7 of the FY2012 annual report. It shows the maturity date (i.e., by when a certain amount of LTD [long term debt] must be paid back):

Mar 31, 2013 $1,209,165K LTD maturity
Mar 31, 2014 $1,461,953K LTD maturity
Mar 31, 2015 $ 291,669K LTD maturity
Mar 31, 2016 $ 175,190K LTD maturity
Mar 31, 2017 $ 32,294K LTD maturity
Later $ 2,513K LTD maturity

Total LTD Outstanding: $3,172,787K ($3.173 BILLION USD)

This means that in addition to the $1.15B in FY2012, MMC is going to have to shell out an additional $1.21B in FY2013 and $1.46B in FY2014 (of cash) to keep in compliance with their creditors.

<continued next post>

Last edited by BoostLover99; Jan 1, 2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention that posting continues
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BoostLover99
I'm an Evo fanboy. That being said, I don't think things look good at MMC.
Oh 100% so am Ill never sell mine. Also never would I consider anything outside the platform. Except maybe a 3GT VR4 Vert

Shame what North America did to the brand but **** rolls down hill...

Quick Reply: ...end of Mitsubishi?