Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

Evo XI : a new era - for those who root FOR diesel hybrid

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo XI : a new era - for those who root FOR diesel hybrid

I understand the disappointment in the discontinuation of gas powered Evos, but the idea of a Diesel Hybrid really isn't that bad. Mitsubishi's MiEV is actually quite solid, and if you've been to Normal, IL, you'll see how bunch of electric vehicles really make a town look futuristic. Electric race cars are in fact gaining quite some traction, it should only be a matter of time before it overtake the traditional gas/diesel engines (mostly personal opinion). A twin electric motor + Turbo Diesel, combined with Evo's legendary S-AWD could really launch Evo back to the front of the performance car pack.
Any thoughts on what type of hybrid technology the new EVO should adopt, and I know I'm jumping the gun a bit here, what would be the first mod you'll do to it? May I start with "Rewind the electric motors".

Links for thoughts:
http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...,3054949.story
http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/r...ybrid-race-car
Old May 6, 2013, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

fuel cell is all I'm looking forward too.
Old May 15, 2013, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is the OP getting paid to post this?
Old May 15, 2013, 02:17 PM

i dont want a electric car... i want some sound!
Old May 15, 2013, 03:58 PM

No I'm not getting paid to post this lol... Just planning on my next move, another Evo or something else? As for sound, you can alwyas "fake" it right?
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7...-using-stereo/
Old May 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No, you can't.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by al dopa
No, you can't.
+ eleventy billion
Old May 31, 2013, 05:45 PM

Hey Brian,

Do you know about the ACD and the AYC on the Evo and AWD Lancers? They are pieces of crap. You want us to invest our hard earn money in Mitsubishi? Maybe get them to do something about our pieces of junk AWD devices. These things have only been in service since 2005 yet they are built like junk. They are made to rust every 40,000 miles or so.

You want us to trust Mitsubishi enough to invest our hard earn money into a XI? Then prove to us that we are not simply going to be paying them to have the "privilege" to beta test their new car. Do a general recall of some sort and get us some ACD and AYC that actually survice a North American winter and we'll talk.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ApeIron2012
Hey Brian,

Do you know about the ACD and the AYC on the Evo and AWD Lancers? They are pieces of crap. You want us to invest our hard earn money in Mitsubishi? Maybe get them to do something about our pieces of junk AWD devices. These things have only been in service since 2005 yet they are built like junk. They are made to rust every 40,000 miles or so.

You want us to trust Mitsubishi enough to invest our hard earn money into a XI? Then prove to us that we are not simply going to be paying them to have the "privilege" to beta test their new car. Do a general recall of some sort and get us some ACD and AYC that actually survice a North American winter and we'll talk.
y u mad bro?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 07:18 PM

Nothing like having a 3k redline.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by jt8217
y u mad bro?
My guess is that in 40k key components of his car have gone to **** and Mitsu refuses to fix issues under warranty.

Only a guess but I'd be mad too. Then again I'd never buy a new Mitsubishi
Old Jun 4, 2013, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Brian,

AYC first came out on the Evo IV in 1996.
ACD first came out on the Evo 7 in 2001.

United States is not the only country in the World.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by gsrboi80
My guess is that in 40k key components of his car have gone to **** and Mitsu refuses to fix issues under warranty.

Only a guess but I'd be mad too. Then again I'd never buy a new Mitsubishi
Thank you!

The sad part is the "y u mad" dude is a self professed Mitsubishi Engineer. He could've opened a can of engineering whoopass on me but "y u mad" is apparently the most intelligent response he could come up with.

That explains quite a bit as to what's wrong with Mitsubishi actually.

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
AYC first came out on the Evo IV in 1996.
ACD first came out on the Evo 7 in 2001.
Considering how long these ACD/AYC pumps have been around as noted by Saul, it's almost inexcusable that they couldn't have come up with a better design in the meantime.

However, I think Saul hit the nail on the head with this response.

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
United States is not the only country in the World.
Realistically, North American Mitsubishi AWD car owners represent a tiny fraction of Mitsubishi's total global customers. Why would they care to spend the time and resources to redevelop an ACD/AYC pump that can survive a North American winter?

However, that is also a very telling sign for what we, North American Mitsubishi customers, can expect if we choose to buy an Evo XI. New problems pilled on top of an ancient mess.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:49 PM

Hey Brian,

There's a location on the east coast, I believe in Maryland, that rebuilds them and provides a better warranty than Mitsubishi provides on their own pump. It's pretty hilarious if you think about it. My own pump went to **** last year, and I have yet to fix it. Cus forking over 2k+ for a part your car doesn't even need to function is retarded. Oh and by the way I think the rebuild is only $600.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsu been talking about a diesel evo since before the IX came out...

Quick Reply: Evo XI : a new era - for those who root FOR diesel hybrid