Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

RS and MR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nellie

Thanks for the video...
Old Jun 6, 2004, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by gtr
swissEvo, I'm just curious why you are interested in the US version of MR. Is it because of the lack of S-AYC?

Do a dealer search and i guarantee that out of 500+ dealers MSRP is not out of the question if your really interested..
http://www.mitsucars.com/dealers/index.html

If the demand is not there the MR maybe hard to find but the 05 RS would be my second pic. It's has MR roof and power nothing . If it only had abs optional
i would like to purchase an mr because we don't have the mr in europe expect in the uk but they have the rhd version (all other countrys in europe have lhd cars) and finally the car would be about 20% cheaper if i would puchase in the us.

the european (racing) guys don't like the acd and the ayc at all so don't be sad not to have that stuff.

i also like the rs but i would like to have abs that is very important here because we have snow in the winter an a lot of rain.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 06:12 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by swissEVO
i know very good your car prices because i was thinking about to buy an evo in the us

but my deal i had didn't came true. and with the $exchange it's not so easy at all to know how much i have to pay finally.
It's easy with the exchange rates. You find a local shop with best conversion rates and that's it. In EU they usually rip you off (or in banks) but for example in Croatia I used to convert money with a much better conversion rate than in Austria or Germany for example. I assume CH is the same.
Your problem would be importing back to EU. You'd have to go through homologation and unless you only want to race the car it's next to impossible with EU requirements. They want you to swap out the headlights, windows, restraint system (seatbelts) and generally everything that doesn't have euro sticker on it (ECE/EEC) due to strickter EU safety requirments. I wanted to import my Honda few years ago and decided to quit the idea because of the above.
Not sure why they make the markets so different and when will you be able to finally live someplace and then bring some of your belongings elsewhere without having to go through all the drama...
Old Jun 6, 2004, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by SoR
It's easy with the exchange rates. You find a local shop with best conversion rates and that's it. In EU they usually rip you off (or in banks) but for example in Croatia I used to convert money with a much better conversion rate than in Austria or Germany for example. I assume CH is the same.
Your problem would be importing back to EU. You'd have to go through homologation and unless you only want to race the car it's next to impossible with EU requirements. They want you to swap out the headlights, windows, restraint system (seatbelts) and generally everything that doesn't have euro sticker on it (ECE/EEC) due to strickter EU safety requirments. I wanted to import my Honda few years ago and decided to quit the idea because of the above.
Not sure why they make the markets so different and when will you be able to finally live someplace and then bring some of your belongings elsewhere without having to go through all the drama...
to make the car street legal it's not a big deal i just have to check the sound emission during a dynamic test at a goverments test center (allowed are 76db during the car pass the test station with about 30mph with full throttle)! i have to remove the xenon headlights (because they have no cleaning system and because the car have no automatic headlight heightadjustment) i have to change the amber 5W small light and finally i would have to remove the carbon wing because the wing is to height it could injure pedestrain if you would hit one (i know it maybe sounds funny but it's our law here) but one very important thing is that i can go with your LEV emission or ULEV! one very important thing is also that they accept the us DOT or SAE approved stuff so that i don't need the E label!

finally i'm lucky to live in switzerland and not in the EU
Old Jun 6, 2004, 03:30 PM

The problem is the RS doesn't come with air conditioning, power locks, power windows. I'm not sure about this but I think it doesn't come with radio or CD Player.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

the rs DOES come with A/C and stereo.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by almjones
The problem is the RS doesn't come with air conditioning
Why are so many people still misinformed when the car is already out?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tanner_Hall
the rs DOES come with A/C and stereo.
What I meant was it doesn't come standard, it comes with an option package that includes air conditioning, power accesories, and keyless entry. Also, I would like to know where you got that it has stereo cause my sources say it doesn't.

Here's what automobile magazine says: http://www.automobilemag.com/news/03sema_evors/

Last edited by almjones; Jun 6, 2004 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

All those early sources were wrong. Go to the dealer and see one. It has crank windows, no keyless entry, no radio, and comes standard with A/C. No options available. Do a search. There are quite a few like myself that already have an RS.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by almjones
The problem is the RS doesn't come with air conditioning, power locks, power windows. I'm not sure about this but I think it doesn't come with radio or CD Player.
Those you've mentioned are optional for RS.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

I say again, there are no options available. I'm sure that you can pay a dealer to put anything you want back into the RS but they will charge you a ton to do it. There is no 'urban jungle' package available. Ask a dealer.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Does the RS have the optional wing?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

No wing.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

my bad on the radio. btw, cuprsnel has an rs so i think he knows what he's talking about
Old Jun 7, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oneguy
I'm going to talk to the dealerahip on Monday to talk about putting a deposit down on an MR. I've never done a preorder on a car before. Is there anything I should know? Also does anyone know if Texas or Maryland have laws about refunds on deposits?
Pre order tips.

-Dont put down a huge deposit. $500 - 1000 should do it. Unless you have your downpayment money and are afraid you will spend it

-Get the dealer to specify a date the car will be available or you will get your deposit back. This covers you if the car is unavailable or your dealer drags a**

-Negoiate a price based on MSRP and put it on the contract. The dealerships may not have pricing on the car you want to order.

-MAKE SURE OF THE SPECS OF THE CAR YOU ORDER. I ordered an 04 "base" car when I thought to get ac on a RS you would have to buy all the "urban" package. I would much raher have an RS now than the base car.

Quick Reply: RS and MR