Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Boost restrictor pill question??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost restrictor pill question??

Hey, I have the UTEC and am using the ABC. I was wondering if I leave the brass restrictor pill down by the turbo in, but take out the second restrictor pill near the stock boost control soleniod that would be fine or better for more boost?? I'm not sure if taking out the one by the boost soleniod would benefit me for higher boost, horsepower, etc?? If the brass pills are supposed to stay in let me know.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

leave them in... i'm using both still and holding 24psi with the bleeder all the way in... once i get my 880CC injectors in i'll be able to do alot more
Old Mar 31, 2005, 04:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You have to leave the restrictor pill down by the turbo.. The upper one you can do either, that one is used to regulate boost spiking and will help spoolup if you remove it, but it will also result in a boost spike. the ABC is just a bleed valve to raise the boost levels higher than stock. Its actually not required, nor do you have to make any changes to the stock solenoid/restrictors if you don't want to (if you don't intend to raise your boost over 20psi or you don't feel comfortable making that sort of change until your used to the UTEC)

On my car, I removed the line to the solenoid that had the restrictor in it, and set it aside, replaced that line with a new line that had the ABC in it, works perfectly for me.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Will you get a little bit more power taking out the upper pill if you have a flash?