Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

MPS_UTEClogger 2.3

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, so that MPS Program says it has trouble opening up one of the COMS I can hyperterminal fine into the UTEC so I know that com port works the other is on the AEM... I picks up one of those 9pin females and soldered right from the AEM the blue wire onto the pin 2, and the ground right off the AEM onto the #7 pin and I stripped a piece between the two and made a ground off of it. I used the AEM power off my lighter power, and the illumination off of the light in the coin tray. AEM starts and works fine but it doesn't pick up the connection... how come?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nesiop
Alright, so that MPS Program says it has trouble opening up one of the COMS I can hyperterminal fine into the UTEC so I know that com port works the other is on the AEM... I picks up one of those 9pin females and soldered right from the AEM the blue wire onto the pin 2, and the ground right off the AEM onto the #7 pin and I stripped a piece between the two and made a ground off of it. I used the AEM power off my lighter power, and the illumination off of the light in the coin tray. AEM starts and works fine but it doesn't pick up the connection... how come?
hmm, i often have the same problem, i open the program hit connect and only the Utec picks up on the logger...I always close out, open, and try again and it usually works fine after that.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 06:28 PM

Exclamation New version 2.6 now available for download!

MPS_UTECLogger v.2.6 is now avail on the web.

New features include:

- Color shaded LogMap cells! Shades each cell of logmap with gradiated color within color range and shades cells based on hit-count. Easily see how smooth you transitions are and how reliable the data in each cell is!

- More Hotkeys for turning windows on/off and connecting/disconnecting from devices.

- LogMapper now captures stock ECU Timing values as well. Use to compare to UTEC Timing maps or see the "health" of the current tune...

- More GUI enhancements including "remembering" window positions, LogMap data resizes with window size so all data is always visible, and rounded values in LogMapper make it easier to read.

- More Bug fixes...

Download at:
MPS_UTECLogger_Download

Def. Worth the upgrade...

-jason
Old Feb 9, 2006, 06:31 PM

So I will get a serial adapter at radioshack and leave all the pins exposed except solder pin 2 and the blue wire from the AEM and the other AEM wire is the ground to go to pin #7?
Just to clarify...pin #7 is NOT ground, it is one of the RTS/CTS wires. The correct pin for ground on a standard DB9 connector is pin #5.

This maybe a reason for not getting a good connection.

I don't own an AEM wb either, but I do work with serial ports everyday, so the above is def. correct.

-jason
Old Feb 9, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

It works now while on pin 7... hmm.

New feature would be to have the excel file labeled the columns automatically in the log.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmussetter

New features include:

- Color shaded LogMap cells! Shades each cell of logmap with gradiated color within color range and shades cells based on hit-count. Easily see how smooth you transitions are and how reliable the data in each cell is!

- More Hotkeys for turning windows on/off and connecting/disconnecting from devices.

- LogMapper now captures stock ECU Timing values as well. Use to compare to UTEC Timing maps or see the "health" of the current tune...

- More GUI enhancements including "remembering" window positions, LogMap data resizes with window size so all data is always visible, and rounded values in LogMapper make it easier to read.

- More Bug fixes...

Download at:
MPS_UTECLogger_Download

-jason
awesome man.

When i get the car back this weekend, and finally get to feel what 272's feel like, i'll be tryin the new version out.

you rock.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:25 PM

It works now while on pin 7... hmm.
That does not surprise me, as the serial port will put pin 7 to ground under certain circumstances. However, 5 is the specified ground pin.

Check out this link for DB9 RS-232 connection info...
http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/c..._rs232.htm#db9

I would change your pin-out to use pin 5 on the connector rather than 7, that may be the reason that it has trouble connecting sometimes.

-jason
Old Feb 12, 2006, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmussetter

New features include:

- More Bug fixes...

Download at:
MPS_UTECLogger_Download

-jason

Thanks for the new software version, . Donation sent.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

i think i might have found a glitch or two, but until i hit another few runs, i won't be able to tell. ( i think the columns were swapped on the map feature, as i think the mod timing and injector duty were swapped (if i remember right)
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, i don't know how many other people have taken this into consideration..... The new updates for the Utec are coming out very soon which includes the option to run a speed density setup. Will we be able to still use this program or will it have to be updated? for me it is tough to say b/c the Utec is going to have to replicate a MAF signal as close as possible to keep the ECU from going bonkers. I mean i guess you can log "map" based anyways but what will it interperate for MAF signals and load %'s with speed density? Maybe something similar to the MafTpro?
I was thinking maybe i'll just ditch my AEM wideband and buy the Tuner anyways depending on the software updates. I think they can stop using DOS based programs since we are all in the year 2006!
Old Feb 14, 2006, 07:27 PM

Ok, i don't know how many other people have taken this into consideration..... The new updates for the Utec are coming out very soon which includes the option to run a speed density setup. Will we be able to still use this program or will it have to be updated?
As long as the Logger #1 columns do not change, I don't see why the program wouldn't work. Now if TurboXS makes a change to the acual logging columns (ie: put them in a different order), an update would be needed.

-jason
Old Feb 23, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Great Job

The MPS Logger is tops in my book.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
i think i might have found a glitch or two, but until i hit another few runs, i won't be able to tell. ( i think the columns were swapped on the map feature, as i think the mod timing and injector duty were swapped (if i remember right)
the average timing and the duty cycle charts are swapped on the log map.

i believe it's averaging the injector duty, and then listing the peak timing also.

because if not, i'm running 58 degrees of timing at 7750, with my injectors at 29%
Old Mar 27, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Bump for any updates on supported WBo2...

I really would like to pick up the zietronix unit but if I can't integrate it into my logs then I will get the LC-1
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
the average timing and the duty cycle charts are swapped on the log map.

i believe it's averaging the injector duty, and then listing the peak timing also.

because if not, i'm running 58 degrees of timing at 7750, with my injectors at 29%
I'm seeing this too. It makes it a little difficult to tune since i have to use one program to log AFR's and another one to log timing, etc.

Also, can someone list what order the values are in the log it's self (not the log map)? As far as I can tell it's RPM, MAP, MAF Hz, TPS, Load, Knock, then after that, I'm lost.

Quick Reply: MPS_UTEClogger 2.3