Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

ems vs ems vs ems etc.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ems vs ems vs ems etc.......

I know theres the classic question of "which ems should I go w/" but Ive narrowed my decision down to either the Autronic or Hydra.

Can anybody w/ either setup please leave feedback. I have access to tuners for both setups and I eventually would like to learn to tune myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old Oct 1, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

anybody???
Old Oct 2, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

No expierence but the Hydra looks interesting. I have an Autronics plug and play board that I haven't installed yet. The only complaint I've heard is the Autronic doesn't have knock feedback/control but if you check the complaints they are from people not using it so .....?

Originally Posted by ries
I know theres the classic question of "which ems should I go w/" but Ive narrowed my decision down to either the Autronic or Hydra.

Can anybody w/ either setup please leave feedback. I have access to tuners for both setups and I eventually would like to learn to tune myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Old Oct 3, 2005, 08:28 AM

i've been looking for a good one too.. Dave the rx-7 builder for falken tires recomended Haltech.. I haven't heard anything about Hydra yet, nor have i heard of autronic, i was wondering about the two EMS.. I almost got the AEM EMS.. Now, I'm just trying to find out more info. about all...
Old Oct 3, 2005, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the hydra on my car for about a year. Got it used. I had Phil from Element tune it and get most of the settings right for my car. Right now Evo specific knowledge with the Hydra is pretty lean. You have Phil and maybe a few other people. On the other hand once you have a setup for your car it is easy and enjoyable to work with.
The suby people have had 99% of Phils interest over the last year or so, I think you are going to see hydras used more and more as he and other providers work on Evos.
check out the suby thread for both good and bad thoughts, some of the treads started before the hydra was even on the market.
One last note, with the wideband option it really is a great unit. You will also see more features as time goes by.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=734092