Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Tunerpro RT want list...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tunerpro RT want list...

I guess I'll start. Now if something can be done, let me know, most of us are still learning.

1. On the ALDL monitors it seems that the only things you can look at or log is: RPM, closed loop correction, TPS in volts, A/F ratio.

-Now what I would like to see is a pick and choose type to select what you want to log along the lines of rpm, afr, boost pressure, timing (when its available), VE value say 3000rpms at 10psi something of that nature.

2. No knock indicator

-It's always nice to log knock along with the above

3. Tunerpro manual

-Always nice to have if stuck out on the road.

4. Instead of strictly using Kpa, can there be a way for user configuration such as looking at psi or Kpa? I don't like doing math in the middle of road tuning.

5. Is it true that setting the F-out max will eliminate the fuel cut from the stock ecu? This seems to be a small debate lately.

These are pretty much off the top of my head. Im sure I'll think of some things as I use it.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
knock!!!! i would also like to see MPH if possible
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
I guess I'll start. Now if something can be done, let me know, most of us are still learning.

1. On the ALDL monitors it seems that the only things you can look at or log is: RPM, closed loop correction, TPS in volts, A/F ratio.

-Now what I would like to see is a pick and choose type to select what you want to log along the lines of rpm, afr, boost pressure, timing (when its available), VE value say 3000rpms at 10psi something of that nature.

2. No knock indicator

-It's always nice to log knock along with the above

3. Tunerpro manual

-Always nice to have if stuck out on the road.

4. Instead of strictly using Kpa, can there be a way for user configuration such as looking at psi or Kpa? I don't like doing math in the middle of road tuning.

5. Is it true that setting the F-out max will eliminate the fuel cut from the stock ecu? This seems to be a small debate lately.

These are pretty much off the top of my head. Im sure I'll think of some things as I use it.

1. - right click on the graph and pick what you want....

4. - see #1, one of the variables you can graph is boost (psi)

5. - there will be a solution soon, work is ongoing. We will be able to prevent fuel cut, but you still need enough fuel delivery for your HP level......

MPH and knock are on my list to work on.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Bob
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Bob if you were near me id be giving you a hug. Your still on my x-mas list.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

How about injector duty cycle? Or am i blind again

Last edited by dryad001; Nov 22, 2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

How about injector duty cycle?
Possible with an interface cable, but we will be running out of I/O soon......

I'll put it on the list, as I'd like to try it myself.

Bob
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Sort of off topic, but I treid callin Full throttle today and they said that the only way to contact you is thru the FT forums.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Sort of off topic, but I treid callin Full throttle today and they said that the only way to contact you is thru the FT forums.
Posting here or at www.fullthrottletech.com is the best way, or email.

wazzup?

Bob
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I am having a hard time adjusting to the system, utec is so easy even I managed to tune it. Is there anything else I need. TTP said to check if my afterstart is correct? How do I know it's correct since in LOW 800-1200 is +14% and I have 780's my mainscale is at -26%, it's still off I redid my math and should be set to -30%. I know my WB02 is right on because I just recalibratred it. I really need an idiots guide to this.

I have a full understanding to the low, mid, high fueling. But the afterstart is boggling me. My TPS enrich is around .42 and decay is at 1.30 or right in that general area, going off the top of my head. This gives me no tip in issues.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

do you have a way to watch your fuel trims? they are the best way to do an injector re-curve.

If you have no tip-in issues, then you can leave the TPS and MAP response stuff alone...

the way I adjust the mainscale is to set it for good trims under light accel, or best general driveability before moving on to the low/mid/hi stuff.

The injector calculation is a guideline, since there are large differences in injector dynamics between manufacturers and injector sizes......

The mitsus tend to be lean at startup, the afterstart provides extra fueling for a short while after startup, a couple minutes of idling or a minute or so while driving.

5 to 15% is the typical setting. depending on the rest of the tune.

Bob
Old Nov 22, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

I guess when the utec was in I did it a little backwards since the utec calibrated the injectors for me. I have one more day off so I will most likely be playing with it most of the day, now that I have my laptop strictly for tuning. After the utec was taken out all of the settings seemed to be way off, before I had a great tune with 11.2-11.4 afrs across the board at WOT, now when I did a pull earlier (18psi so I don't hit fuel cut) it went extremely lean (18.0 at 3500) to very rich (9.8 at 7000) I know this is just the injector scaling that is off and a few more logging pulls can even that out, its the idle and crusing that has me a bit baffled. During idle or crusing the afr's go from 13.0 to 16.7 and keep oscilating back and forth, I know that this is a fuel trim issue and sort of suprised I haven't thrown a code yet.

I really need a scan tool, Id go with the ones that you offer on your website but thats a little out of my price range for now, buying a house is not fun. *Ahem unless you want to give me a killer price for an x-mas present!!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

might be a couple of dumb ?'s.......

would launch control/2-step be a possibility in the future?
would launch control/2-step even be possible while using stock ecu?
Old Nov 25, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ries
might be a couple of dumb ?'s.......

would launch control/2-step be a possibility in the future?
would launch control/2-step even be possible while using stock ecu?
yeah its possible and I think bob is working on that.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

I guess when the utec was in I did it a little backwards since the utec calibrated the injectors for me. I have one more day off so I will most likely be playing with it most of the day, now that I have my laptop strictly for tuning. After the utec was taken out all of the settings seemed to be way off, before I had a great tune with 11.2-11.4 afrs across the board at WOT, now when I did a pull earlier (18psi so I don't hit fuel cut) it went extremely lean (18.0 at 3500) to very rich (9.8 at 7000) I know this is just the injector scaling that is off and a few more logging pulls can even that out, its the idle and crusing that has me a bit baffled. During idle or crusing the afr's go from 13.0 to 16.7 and keep oscilating back and forth, I know that this is a fuel trim issue and sort of suprised I haven't thrown a code yet.

I really need a scan tool, Id go with the ones that you offer on your website but thats a little out of my price range for now, buying a house is not fun. *Ahem unless you want to give me a killer price for an x-mas present!!
You live relatively close to me, I have the UTEC and the MAFT Pro. I will personally help you get it dialed in if you want. My car is sitting on bricks right now so getting out in one would be some fun The UTEC is idiot proof. The MAFT Pro is a little more complicated but is still a pretty simple project. Let me know if you wanted to drive to Madison and Ill help ya out. I have tomorrow off work but other wise I have a strange schedule.. just let me know.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
You live relatively close to me, I have the UTEC and the MAFT Pro. I will personally help you get it dialed in if you want. My car is sitting on bricks right now so getting out in one would be some fun The UTEC is idiot proof. The MAFT Pro is a little more complicated but is still a pretty simple project. Let me know if you wanted to drive to Madison and Ill help ya out. I have tomorrow off work but other wise I have a strange schedule.. just let me know.

Actually I just got rid of the UTEC, since the timing control will be coming out soon. I don't really need it right now because tuning in 2" of snow doesn't help, plus with all of the idiots on 94 doesn't help. Thanks for the offer though, during the summer you should come to Milwaukee and attend some of the cookout we have, pretty fun. The car runs fairly well, just readjusting everything to new parameters is a little tricky because of the conditions outside.

My work schedule is a little complicated right now, I work a 4-3-3-4 rotating schedule 12-20 hours shifts depending on whats all going on. My next day off is wednesday if everything goes alright.

keep in touch

Quick Reply: Tunerpro RT want list...