Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

PERRIN TUNES A IX WITH AccessPort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atkins
i installed everything today the ebcs, and stage 2 access port map from perrin.

first impressions everything is working flawlessly and im reaching a little over 22 pounds off boost tapering back to around 19.5 at 7000. i havent taken to the full7600 red line yet, but i suspect boost will be around 19 pounds. i am building more boost at a lower rpm and less throttle then before. i can achieve 18 pounds at less then half throttle in any gear making the torque comes on a lot sooner. she seems to spool about 200 to 300 rpms faster then before. still pulls hard all the way to 7000. partial throttle tuning seems to be right on and is smooth in every gear.

i talked to chris over at perrin and he set me up with the map, and answered all my questions. i picked up the ebcs at a local shop for around 88 bucks. install took about two and a half hours of me being over careful but i got it done properly. it removes the stock vacume lines and provides new tubing to run with no restrictors. the ebcs is plug and play with the stock bcs harness. over all it does exactly what they are sying it does and the tune feels great. unfortunitly for those that want exact numbers i will probably not be dynoing the car in the near future, my appologies.

jeff

Just so that I'm clear here: you purchased the ebcs seperate from the AP, called perrin and they sent you a tune and you installed it all yourself correct? If thats the case I kinda suspect perrin will send peeps a tune for the right $$$.... is this basically what you did or do you live close enough to perrin to bring your car in?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would fathom a guess that PERRIN would package everything that you would need for stage 1 or 2 from tbe, AP, ebcs and mapping, if you so desired. All my experiences with PERRIN and PERRIN equipment have been top-notch.

This is probably the way the AP should be sold by default.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

i live in delaware and i believe perrin is in oregon for starters so i am no where near them. i bought my ap and ebcs from a somewhat local shop (jsc speed) and purchased the tune from perrin over the phone. they emailed me the map, i installed the ebcs myself and put perrins map on the ap. started the car and was good to go, no issues and feels great. if you buy the access port from perrin they include the map for free but you have to buy and install the ebcs in order to use the map.

jeff
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atkins
i live in delaware and i believe perrin is in oregon for starters so i am no where near them. i bought my ap and ebcs from a somewhat local shop (jsc speed) and purchased the tune from perrin over the phone. they emailed me the map, i installed the ebcs myself and put perrins map on the ap. started the car and was good to go, no issues and feels great. if you buy the access port from perrin they include the map for free but you have to buy and install the ebcs in order to use the map.

jeff
Good to hear, thanks for the info man.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 04:53 PM

tune for 91? yet
Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:54 AM

Update please
Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
With today's economy, production of updates have slowed down drastically.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

if i buy the ap from perrin and the ebcs will it come with a perrin map stage 2 for evo 8 owners?? or will it just have the cobb stage 2 in it???
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

ps the boost tube rocks gj with that one perrin
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Just an update for those of you crossing your fingers for a 91 octane map. I contacted Perrin and was informed they have *NO PLANS CURRENTLY* to produce such a map. Kind of a bummer.