Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

LM2 to Evo OBD Connection - Help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LM2 to Evo OBD Connection - Help

Has anybody got the LM2 to succesfully connect to the OBD port of the EVO and read the data?

I have had a small amount of sucess but ran into the following problems.

1.) First off it is such a pita to get it connect. And it seems to be very fussy in the order that you make the connections. If for example, you connect the LM2 OBD port to the Evo before first setting up the USB connection to the laptop/logworks first , you can't seem to get a connection to the cars OBD port from the LM2.

Does anyone have the steps involved, I need to follow make a connection from the LM2 to the Evo's OBD port, perhaps I am doing something wrong.

2.) when I finally get my connection......
I am able to get the RPM data - np there.
Calculated load works - but it doesn't help much as it looks like it maxes out at 160.
Ignition timing works - but it is showing me crazy values, -65 at idle.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

3.) Lastly....
All of this will not really matter if I can get the LM2 to work in Evoscan.
But the problem seems to be that the USB connection from the LM2 to the laptop, is not seen as a "com port" by Windows XP, and since Evoscan can only get the input from a external wideband through a com port...it is not helping me much to tune the AFR on the car, using Lambda, since I can't "tie up"my load zones with my fuel maps to make the changes.
Right now it is just guess work.

Thx for reading
hopefully it makes some sense.

Last edited by SeanV; Feb 22, 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found this thread... sorry I am a little late.

I have had about the same success as you so far with my LM-2 for doing logging on my evo. It can be difficult to get it to connect on the evo, it logs slow, and it doesn't log some of the important things correctly. So I don't think logging with the LM-2 is an option for the evo, so we need to find the best way to input the signal into evoscan.

There are a few different ways I can see to connect the LM-2 to log with Evoscan.

1. Run the output from the LM-2 into the pin on the ECU where the rear O2 sensor goes.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ial-cable.html

2. Use the serial output from the LM-2 into the laptop and hope that it shows up on one of the com ports. You will also need a 2.5mm to serial cable and a 2.5mm barrel connector

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/x...8&cat=0&page=1

3. Just log the AFR and RPM (either through the inductive clamp, or connecting the input cable to a RPM source), and then cross reference that to evoscan. I really don't prefer this option, but its a last case resort.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how to configure logworks3 so it would show 2bite load and knock sum ?