Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

IX shuts off when A/C is on???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an IX and use the A/C every single time I use the car. My car is relatively stock except for a TB, Perrin EBC, Larger Intercooler, running a Perrin Stage 3 OTS map for the Cobb tuner. I hope I don't see this scenario come on with the car but as it stands, the tune takes into account whether I am idling with or without the A/C.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:11 AM

Lol sounds pretty wierd to me
Old Sep 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My car does the same with Kelford 272's...I've never found a solution...car has been tuned several times and every time they've tried their best to fix it with ECU idle settings...I can even adjust the idle screw on the TB and with the car idling at 1k it will still happen.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by mchristian
My car does the same with Kelford 272's...I've never found a solution...car has been tuned several times and every time they've tried their best to fix it with ECU idle settings...I can even adjust the idle screw on the TB and with the car idling at 1k it will still happen.
When you messed around with the idle screw did you also use evoscan's sas mode to set the BISS correctly?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If someone can fix this I will PayPal them $100.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

tuner fail. Take it back and make your tuner fix it, they should do it for free since they technically didn't compinsate for that properly when they tuned it the first time.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRalph
When you messed around with the idle screw did you also use evoscan's sas mode to set the BISS correctly?
I assume my tuner did this as he was telling me he made some changes to the ECU that would help correct the issue?

On another note...I just purchased the Tatrix, EvoScan and downloaded EcuFlash. So maybe I can figure out how to do it myself. Is it difficult?
Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

ive had the same issure ever since i built my motor and added a t3 setup. my tuner has worked with it the last time i took it up and it worked for a few days but the issue came back. come up to a stop and the rpms drop. stalls out and once it stalls out about 10 miles later i get a o2 slow to respond ses. its pretty annoying and when my ac is on i can feel the power loss. i have big cams and a twin disc. maybe my system isnt charged enough idk. it doesnt do it when i first turn it on only after its been on for a few minutes.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:37 PM
Account Disabled

Looks like this is a trend. Any more? Can we add a poll and get a tuner to address the issue for the EvoM community? Could be a break through and generate more business if someone can fix someones issue and the owner can confirm it.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

I was able to resolve my A/C stalling issue by just tweaking the idle tables with EcuFlash.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fryedchikin
I was able to resolve my A/C stalling issue by just tweaking the idle tables with EcuFlash.
+1

Your tuner SHOULD be able to fix this problem. Had the problem myself on an old tune, went to a new tuner and he fixed the problem by adjusting the idle tables. I believe he referred to the stepper motor?? Not 100% on this one, but when the A/C is on he made a few changes to the tables telling the ECU to hold rpms for a bit longer. At least this is my understanding on the subject. Tuners chime in plz.

On another note, I have noticed the same problems on 272s or any cam which doesn't produce good vacuum in MAF cars. Add to the fact you are pulling vacuum for the brakes and it adds to the problem. Just my $0.02. All in all this should be a tuner fix. Took mine a few trys to get it perfect when I was running a MAF. Have since moved to a stand alone & speed density set-up. Absolutely not a hiccup now even w/ JUN 272s and A/C on full blast.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Almost time for my winter retune. When I get it done I'll post up the info/results.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 03:09 PM
Account Disabled

I have been contemplating Speed-Density for a while. This would help this if my memory serves me correct from what a few others have reported.

I see this is the case, any more instances of people who saw this or had it at once and what was done to rectify the issue would be of great help to the community. Thanks to all those who have shared so far and are willing to share more.

This is the ONLY thing about my Evo I don't like. The low idle after running on the highway or when the A/C is on.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

kelford 272 here and a/c stalls car 2 not to mention pulling out in first gear with a/c on is like the choke is on and car wont get up and go.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Looks like this is a trend. Any more? Can we add a poll and get a tuner to address the issue for the EvoM community? Could be a break through and generate more business if someone can fix someones issue and the owner can confirm it.
+1

I've spent almost $1K on tuning in the last couple months and it never got fixed...the b!tch still dies all the time (wife refuses to drive the car). It is a major PITA and dangerous because when cornering the car dies, you lose power steering, etc...(AC on, applying brakes, and loading up power steering = dead).

I'll paypal $50.00 to anyone that can send me or post directions on a permanent/reliable fix...us FL folks need our AC 80% of the year.

Originally Posted by shrty10135
kelford 272 here and a/c stalls car 2 not to mention pulling out in first gear with a/c on is like the choke is on and car wont get up and go.
Is this issue isolated to those with Kelford 272 cams or are other brands doing the same?

Last edited by mchristian; Sep 28, 2010 at 07:09 PM.

Quick Reply: IX shuts off when A/C is on???