Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Starting Tephra V7 mod

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting Tephra V7 mod

Hell Im on a stock tuned evo and was gonna switch over to the tephra V7 mod since im stock tuned can I just move over my immobilizer code and thats it? I already copy and pasted the values from stock rom to the tephra file i downloaded but saved it as another file. still have the original tephra rom which one do u guys suggest i reflash back to the evo the stock replaced tephra one or just the tephra with the immobilizer code or i can change values in the stock rom then replace the tephra ones with those??

thnx for ur time

power mods installed are 3" TBE, intake filter

Valet Mode

Allows you to enable a "Valet" mode thereby disabling some features to prevent unintended "hoonage" by valets, friends, theives, etc. When enabled valet mode can be activated or deactivated by turning the key to the 'ON' position without starting the car and pressing the gas pedal for the time specified in the 'Valet Rev Limit Time to Activate' table of the Tephra Mods section. The CEL will then flash for the amount of time specified in 'Valet Rev Limit Flash Time table'. It will also flash when the car is started. When enabled RPM will be limited to the value specified in the 'Valet Rev Limit' table (Note: if this is too low your car will not be able to idle properly and will shut off). As of V7 WGDC should also be set to 0% while in valet mode.
Enable Valet Mode

This setting is found in the "Tephra Mod Options" table, it is a global enable/disable setting for Valet mode in the ROM:

* 0 = Disabled
* 1 = Enabled

Enable Auto-Valet on Fresh Ignition

This setting is found in the "Tephra Mod Options" table, it is a global enable/disable setting for Auto-Valet mode in the ROM. This will enable valet mode each time the car is shut off unless you follow the proceadure to disable it:

* 0 = Disabled
* 1 = Enabled
cant find the Valet Rev Limit Flash Time table to see how long i need to hold in the gas pedal to disengage valet mode does someone know how long it takes normally???

Last edited by DormantBeast; Feb 27, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am doing the same thing basically.

I have 88590013 and will be running 88590015 V7. I just downloaded the rom and so far it's been a perfect match of my stock tune, so I'm not as worried about something being wrong. I copied over the immobilizer code and have yet to flash it.

I'm more interested in the 1byte load so I can properly datalog. I plan to flash it in the next day or two and see how it goes. I'll report back.

I'm getting some 1 and 2 counts here and there on the stock tune, mostly at light throttle but some lift off knock as well.

I don't have a wideband yet, but I plan to order one very soon. I figured playing with a mivec map and such would be safer and I'll touch the fuel maps after the wideband get's installed.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Ya other then the mut table all is practically the same so I'm thinking on not changing anything yet and flashing ontothe cat and see how things go. Then if all is good I'll start changing the values inthe fuel and timing maps. LMK how ur reflash goes acidtonic
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Got it running, car runs smoother it seems. However cold idle is a bit higher despite the tables having the same values.

Before this rom it never revved to 2100rpm on a cold start. I don't really care since it drops to normal when warm.

Just seems smoother for sure. I logged 1byte load and seen where my load is peaking now. So far I'm very happy with it.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet! So all u did was chain the immobilized code and reflash it back right???
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DormantBeast
Sweet! So all u did was chain the immobilized code and reflash it back right???
Yeah I was wondering where that post went.... thought maybe I was dreaming.

No it ended up being user error. After flashing I never actually shut off the ignition, my turbo timer was still on because when I thought about it my radio was playing the whole time. I flashed the same rom back and after properly cycling the ignition after flashing it worked flawlessly.

Are the stock Knock CEL settings used by many? It seems that I never see it flash. My logs show a random 2 to 4 count every 45 minutes or so but I must be missing the flashing light. It's still set to 100% load required for KCEL and 3 low knock 6 high knock and 2 second flashing.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 03:23 PM

Hey guys just thought I would chime in here… Just yesterday I flashed my stock ROM (94170008) to the Tephra V7 ROM (94170715) and the car started right up and seems to be driving fine just cruising around town. (I only copied over the Immobilizer code when switching ROMs)

My problem is that when I start building up boost under partial throttle (only in 1st Gear), the cel knock light flashes slow (indicates 3 counts of knock and I heard that’s nothing to worry about) but when im getting close to max boost around 20psi it kinda hits fuel cut or backfires or something around 5-6Krpm so I just let of the throttle. Is there something else I needed to copy over from the stock ROM? Im trying to learn as I go and this is my first experience with the Tephra V7 ROM so im afraid to try to log a WOT run until I know whats going on. Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited by 3vo|3oost; Jul 20, 2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly is the Tephra mod? Ive searched but cant find what the hell it is... Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2011, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

everything you ever wanted to know is in the ECUFLASH section.

or if you ask, a terse comment and then somebody is sure to solve your question.

Originally Posted by 3vo|3oost
Hey guys just thought I would chime in here… Just yesterday I flashed my stock ROM (94170008) to the Tephra V7 ROM (94170715) and the car started right up and seems to be driving fine just cruising around town. (I only copied over the Immobilizer code when switching ROMs)

My problem is that when I start building up boost under partial throttle (only in 1st Gear), the cel knock light flashes slow (indicates 3 counts of knock and I heard that’s nothing to worry about) but when im getting close to max boost around 20psi it kinda hits fuel cut or backfires or something around 5-6Krpm so I just let of the throttle. Is there something else I needed to copy over from the stock ROM? Im trying to learn as I go and this is my first experience with the Tephra V7 ROM so im afraid to try to log a WOT run until I know whats going on. Thanks for the help in advance!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:36 AM

Ok after I translated over the high octane fuel map everything is good to go... my problem now is that after I wired in my wideband output wire to my rear O2 sensor... its showing up as 0-5V and I need to somehow convert that to A/F... does anybody know the formula to do that?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

I know what it is, i just dont know how to get it into ECU flash, i have tried copyin and pasting but I apparently am not doin it in the correct place.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:47 AM

I have a 2006 Evo 9 EDM
internal ID 88840016

I need a help with Tephra mod with 4 bar map sensor
Which map should i download?

thanks in advance
Old Jul 2, 2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 3vo|3oost

hi sir how do you change the room to 08 to 94170008) to the Tephra V7 ROM (94170715 do youuse ecuflash ? or evoscan ?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 07:38 AM

Sd is the way to go