Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Evo 8 will not idle on its own!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 will not idle on its own!

Hello everyone, I'm new Evo 8 owner and I'm have ran into an issue. Over the weekend i was going to do my clutch, but I ran into some other issues (exhaust) so I did not get a chance to do it. A few days later I get in my car, start it, and it wont idle. I can drive it by holding the break and accelerator at the same time also. I was looking at some threads but I did not come across anyone with the exact same problem.The only things I took out was the battery and trey, intercooler pipe, and some hoses on the top. Is it the IAC or something I did not hook back up? Or something else. I don't know thats why I need help please!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

it could be a boost leak, wires not connected fully, or your IAC.
if you have a tactrix and can disable your SAS i think it is, if your car shuts off, its the IAC.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:58 AM

I talked to another evo owner in town and he said that i may have a boost leak for two reasons. I'm only reading 10psi boost and also my hoses are not hooked up correctly. My only thing is that it was running fine until i messed with it. And i do not have a tactrix yet I have only had the car for less then one month.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:55 AM

Im having the same problem, but I dont have a boost leak. And I'm getting the same psi as I was before. It also happend to me while I was driving. I have not messed with any thing. This problem is very frustrating. the error code (P0300) which is a miss fire error, but when looked up that code there were a crap ton of things it could be and non of them really had the same problem as me.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Learn how-to and build yourself an inexpensive leak tester. Then post a proof/pic/vids of the pressure gauge showing your car holding your targeted boost level for a few sec.