Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Hks evc

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hks evc

does anyone owns this specific part? I purchased my evo and this came with it and I'm trying to actually figure what actually does without getting a headache. Can someone break down this thing in simply terms for me?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Which EVC is it?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by norlanrodriguez
does anyone owns this specific part? I purchased my evo and this came with it and I'm trying to actually figure what actually does without getting a headache. Can someone break down this thing in simply terms for me?
it is essentially a fancy boost controller, it's still good just not for the price they want. a grimspeed boost controller will cost you $100 and with tephramod v7 you can do just as much. The EVC and other boost controllers like them were useful when there were no other options besides a manual boost controller. Biggest problem with them is that if you change the boost you really need to make sure your tune is good for it, and having it in the car leaves it prone to being messed with by people who don't know better.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:43 PM

hey guys.. sorry for going out of topic. but i just got a simple question, i do have an hks evc 5 aka ezII boost control and i bet its jspec ebc as it came with my jdm evo iv.. its in kpa.. i have reset the ebc and set up my mode a and b settings but i really can't get into the offset setting mode.. i've tried the manual direction many times but no luck. i've scrolled once that jspec evc doesn't have this setting. is that right?

i can get into display settings which is the " -5- " and hold it for more than 1 second but nothings happening.. anyone can shed some light? i've been trying to search for almost a day but no luck still..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:57 PM

just wanna bump an old thread.. still needs some input