Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

EVOSCAN logging extremely innaccurate after installing newest ECUflash

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVOSCAN logging extremely innaccurate after installing newest ECUflash

Hello gentlemen!!!

THE CURRENT hardware / software is the most recent of both programs, using a 1.3M(u) cable. and Windows 7 Professional.

So I've done loads of forum / google searching, and have had nothing but problems trying to log and tune my 05 EVO.

So in a nut shell.. My first laptop could not read or write to the ECU at all. period. It never did, no matter what I changed... tactrix support lead me to "use another laptop"

SO! I did.... and all of the sudden!!!THE OLD LAPTOP LOGGED CORRECTLY!!!!

BUT! I couldn't get ECUflash to open a bin file without instantly crashing, and the only way I could read/ change anything at all in the tune was to pull the file from the computer, change it right there, and then flash the ECU without ever disconnecting.

So I lucked out and got one flash.... The program started failing left and right afterwards, but I could still log with evoscan flawlessly...

Turns out I had ECUflash 1.43XXXX installed... So i figured maybe installing the newest version would fix the issue!.... AND IT DID!!!! I can now open bin files with ecuflash, modify, and flash them in to the ECU....

SO!!! Today, I go to log my changes.... and EVOscan is doing what my first laptop did, which is give me total BS values, and make me want to rip my %*&king hair out.

Please Evo Gods.

Help.

I just want to go fast...
Old Sep 21, 2016, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im going to bump this thread in stead of making a new one, Im having a similar issue.

Im trying to figure out evoscan which Im a complete novice at. I finally got the car to start datalogging but when I look at the gauges they are way off. For instance, it says the cars RPMs are fluctuation from 1000 to 3000 constantly, even though the car is sitting steady at 1000 rpm idle.
The following users liked this post:
nemean (Sep 21, 2016)
Old Sep 21, 2016, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the same problem as me.

If you go to evoscans site, go to downloads and you'll see something about an ecuflash version that has the best drivers...

I installed the most current evoscan.

Then installed the version of ecuflash (older) with said best drivers

Then took note in windows (add or remove a program) tab of the control panel at the bottom of the list you'll see your drivers *you may want to take a look first and take a pic with your phone so you know exactly which drivers I'm talking about.

Then install the newest version of ECUFLASH, and go back to the add or remove program tab and delete the new drivers associated with the most current ecuflash.

I did this exact thing and now my programs work like a charm
Old Sep 21, 2016, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks Ill give that a shot. This things has been a nightmare for months. I've been trying for months to get this stuff to work and today is the first day I've managed to get evoscan to actually connect to the ecu. So it was a massive sigh of relief until I noticed the readings were way off!

I bought the car a few months ago and want to get a better tune on it. its been driving me crazy wondering why its not working, be it the car, the cable, the software, my laptop, or just my complete lack of skills.