Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

tuning help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning help

Hi I have been reading the tuning forums on here for a while. I have a 03 evo 8 that is currently on speed density and running e85. I had the car tuned by a local tuner and the car runs great. I am wanting to get into tuning and already got the laptop and wideband o2. I am having trouble figuring out what tactrix cable to buy and what version of software to get. What cables should I get theres numerous models 1.3 1.3m 1.3u 2.0 etc. I am not going to be messing with my current tune untill I learn some more but want to be able to view the ecu data and log trips so I can see what the engine is doing and eventually tune the car myself
Old Apr 16, 2017, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Register an account if you haven't done so on EvoScan.com
here's the specific link you need below:
http://evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii...flashing-cable

Under the options select the EvoScan software which is additional $20 and also the selection regarding the AYC/ACD. its good to have it handy even though you dont have ACD.. it could benefit you in the future or others using that cable.
and lastly download the latest ECU Flash software and you're all set.
Download the tuning guide as well on the evoscan website it'll give you some important information thats needed/useful.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:42 PM

perfect thanks but could i get the 1.3da cable or 3.0da since it works with bluetooth
Old Apr 17, 2017, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
1.3U is what you need if you ever want to flash the ecu rom. Unless you want to buy more than one cable.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 07:30 PM

i have the 2.0 it works real good.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Evo__Lee
Register an account if you haven't done so on EvoScan.com
here's the specific link you need below:
http://evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii...flashing-cable

Under the options select the EvoScan software which is additional $20 and also the selection regarding the AYC/ACD. its good to have it handy even though you dont have ACD.. it could benefit you in the future or others using that cable.
and lastly download the latest ECU Flash software and you're all set.
Download the tuning guide as well on the evoscan website it'll give you some important information thats needed/useful.

Thank you if I get this cable it says it's compatible with 03 Baja if I get this and select the Subaru refresh option can I use it for both my Baja and evo?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SDevol8
Thank you if I get this cable it says it's compatible with 03 Baja if I get this and select the Subaru refresh option can I use it for both my Baja and evo?
that is a good question, I would email the company to verify as I only have usage for my Evo... so I believe it would but just confirm with the company.