Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Injector duty near 100% up top

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 02:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
try the injectors dynamics they are very good.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To be honest I'm not going to bother going that deep until I forge the engine etc. I'm peaking at 27ish psi, that'll do for stock internals I think
Old Sep 15, 2017, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
You shouldn't even be playing with the map on standard injectors.

Fix the fuel pressure.........revert to factory map....turn up the boost.

It'll run better than ever before.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

Not sure I agree with that. I've heard evos run really rich from the factory to minimize the chance of knock which leaves plenty of room for more power to be made, and how can improving my afr be a bad thing anyway? You keep talking like you've seen my data logs or something. My map isn't even finished but I'm already seeing WOT afrs holding in the high 11s and creeping towards 11.5 at redline, no knock. I'm relatively new to this so don't want to argue with someone who seems to be more experienced, but telling me to switch back to factory map but upping the boost when ive changed the exhaust from manifold back, plus the intake seems like pretty bad advice. I've heard of x's leaning out and melting pistons just by changing the intake and not adjusting the map...
The following users liked this post:
whtrice (Sep 16, 2017)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

If it's got an airflow meter, it meters the air and provides the correct amount of fuel.

Unlike SD which needs constantly tuning.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by RightSaid fred
.........revert to factory map....turn up the boost.

It'll run better than ever before.
Lmao, and this guy has the nerve to state I don't know what I am doing. Good for laughs for me but unfortunately this type of crap is dangerous for people that don't know better.

It ain't the 90's anymore buddy...

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2017 at 07:26 PM. Reason: OT
The following users liked this post:
whtrice (Sep 16, 2017)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 06:51 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by razorlab
Lmao, and this guy has the nerve to state I don't know what I am doing. Good for laughs for me but unfortunately this type of crap is dangerous for people that don't know better.

It ain't the 90's anymore buddy...
you've got nothing positive to add.

You've got no idea about correct IDC for a start....lol

When the IDC gets too high you'll hit fuel cut which just happens to be an inbuilt safety feature to prevent IDC being too high.
So long as you don't hit fuel cut, you've got IDC left to play with.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: OT
Old Sep 16, 2017, 02:06 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Off topic comments will be promptly removed

Keep in mind, these posts are opinions & not technical"White Papers"

Old Sep 16, 2017, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Off topic comments will be promptly removed

Keep in mind, these posts are opinions & not technical"White Papers"

thanks for turning replies back on! I was getting useful info, even if it was hidden amongst arguing lol.

cheers
Old Sep 17, 2017, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Right, new issue. Since I bought the car, in the colder weather ive had an intermittent miss at WOT in 5th and 6th. High rpm, always at about 5k. That is actually what convinced me to buy evoscan and start all this mapping stuff in the first place. Well it's starting to get colder here now and it done the miss for the first time in months, while i was logging. In 4th I'm hitting 1.8bar boost (27psi or so) until the turbo starts to run out of puff, afr moving from 12 to 11.5ish. In 6th it's hitting 1.9bar and is rich as hell. Hovering around 11. All of a sudden my injectors go to 0 for a split second and then it back to normal. I'll post a pic of my 4th gear pull and then the log for the 6th gear. At the moment my boost error correction is off, is that what I need to use (and boost desired engine load) to make 5th and 6th behave the same as 4th, because this Seems to only be a 5th and 6th gear issue for whatever reason?

thanks

4th gear
Injector duty near 100% up top-gglr7nc.jpg

6th
Injector duty near 100% up top-jmwcr7a.jpg

Last edited by D1andonlyantman; Sep 17, 2017 at 08:04 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 08:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by D1andonlyantman
Right, new issue. Since I bought the car, in the colder weather ive had an intermittent miss at WOT in 5th and 6th. High rpm, always at about 5k. That is actually what convinced me to buy evoscan and start all this mapping stuff in the first place. Well it's starting to get colder here now and it done the miss for the first time in months, while i was logging. In 4th I'm hitting 1.8bar boost (27psi or so) until the turbo starts to run out of puff, afr moving from 12 to 11.5ish. In 6th it's hitting 1.9bar and is rich as hell. Hovering around 11. All of a sudden my injectors go to 0 for a split second and then it back to normal. I'll post a pic of my 4th gear pull and then the log for the 6th gear. At the moment my boost error correction is off, is that what I need to use to make 5th and 6th behave the same as 4th, because this Seems to only be a 5th and 6th gear issue for whatever reason?
Looks like fuel cut, but that would be more than just a miss and more of a huge jerk. Check your boost limit table, probably has less than 290 load at 5k.

Also, what's up with your timing, are you really running 0* at 5k?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

I noticed that with the timing but my other logs are ok. Must be a one off. I'll make sure though. funny you mention boost cut because it's set to 280 but almost the entire 6th gear log is over 280, delay set to 1000ms. Weird
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

A wise man once said

I've just set my desired load based on a 4th gear pull and returned the error correction to stock. Hopefully that keeps it all in check
Old Sep 19, 2017, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

So, I turned on the error correction and boost has gone pretty mental. 2.1 bar at one point! I also logged load error and wgdc correction and the wgdc is constantly at 63.5. Any idea why and is that going to be causing my crazy boost?

Injector duty near 100% up top-ve0gdvz.jpg

Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:53 AM
EvoM Guru

Sounds like you have your boost control tables setup incorrectly. Also might be logging the wrong address.

Timing advance is still at 0. I would stop doing WOT pulls before you melt something from high EGT's.

Can you post your timing and boost control tables? Or better yet, share your ROM?

Quick Reply: Injector duty near 100% up top