Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Moving to AZ, Need a Retune

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 04:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Moving to AZ, Need a Retune

Hey everybody, like the thread title says, I'm moving from SC (93 Octane plentiful) to Phoenix, AZ (91 Octane, boo...) and will be getting re-tuned. I've used Tom, TSComp in the past, he tuned me in NM on 91 and my current SC tune. I will 99% likely re-utilize his services again, but just wanted to ask a few questions since I'm going to do something different that I'm not familiar with. My plan is to go dual map tune, 91 octane and E55 (E85 not available in the area). I'm very happy with the power I make with 93 octane, will I make similiar if not better power with an E55 tune? I had 91 in NM, and it wasn't nearly as fun... Granted, elevation was much higher so that could have played a role in robbing power. With me going dual map, I've heard of being able to use my IC sprayer switch to switch maps, does anybody have experience with this? I'd like a way to switch on the fly, since I won't be carrying my laptop everywhere I go, and I likely will not have a flex fuel sensor to adjust my tune automatically. Just trying to get some info and 1st hand experiences, thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 06:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
yes you will make more power with E55, yes you can use the intercooler sprayer switch to change between maps. You need to make sure your fuel system can handle running at your power level with E55 though.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I should be good, at least I hope I am. Currently running a Walboro 255 pump and FIC 1050 injectors. When I do the dual maps, will I need to 100% drain the tank of 91 and put in E55?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 01:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sure you're aware but just sayin AZ is hot as ***** (compared to SC), remember that when adjusting your tune.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Its here in SC too, and much more humid in the summer. Temperature wise, I'm sure AZ gets much higher though. Im sure Toms tuned folks in desert regions, so im sure he'll know what he's doing.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
When you get to AZ go see UMS Tuning in Mesa, AZ. Tony will get the taken care of.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

So I'm trying to get I touch with Tom, tscomp, to talk about purchasing a fitronic flex fuel setup, but he's not answered his phone or FB IM for at least a week. Anybody able to get in touch with him?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SW20Mike
So I'm trying to get I touch with Tom, tscomp, to talk about purchasing a fitronic flex fuel setup, but he's not answered his phone or FB IM for at least a week. Anybody able to get in touch with him?
Were you ever able to get in touch with him? I've been trying for a few weeks now with no luck I got in touch with him in early May but can't seem to now that the car is ready to tune...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jspecteggy
Were you ever able to get in touch with him? I've been trying for a few weeks now with no luck I got in touch with him in early May but can't seem to now that the car is ready to tune...
I was able to get in touch with him. Just message him on Facebook, alot... he'll message you after a few days, but he is hard to get in touch with.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SW20Mike
I was able to get in touch with him. Just message him on Facebook, alot... he'll message you after a few days, but he is hard to get in touch with.
I am not one to harass people. If I have to message you that many times that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy when it comes time to receive the services paid for. I have heard great things about him though, which is why I reached out through multiple platforms various times...