Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Choosing between adaptronic m6000 and haltech elite 2500 for evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Choosing between adaptronic m6000 and haltech elite 2500 for evo 8

Hi I am deciding between adaptronic M6000 and Haltech elite 2500 for my Evo 8.

right now my evo is using a Tephra mod v7 reflashed ECU (about 600 whp) but i want to try standalone ECU and experiencing a more user friendly while tuning , knock control feature , several engine safety feature and possibly nitrous control (in the future). Etc.

these 2 ECUs are at the same price range here. Is there anyone has been using both and perhaps could recommend me between these 2.

thank you so much
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Who are your local tuners? What do they specialize in?

When I was tuning at a local shop I did not enjoy working with the adaptronic. I just preferred the Haltech ESP tuning software which is why I ended up putting a 1500 in my IX. This is a personal preference and in no way suggests that either ECU is superior. The most important thing is finding something that tuners around you actually know how to tune. You will get a much higher quality tune from someone working with a platform they enjoy as opposed to one they don't, or have never used before. So contact some local tuners and see what they specialize in.

If you'll be tuning yourself, pick ECUs that tick all your boxes as far as hardware requirements(enough IO, certain features like anti-lag, etc.) and just see which software you're most comfortable with. At the end of the day most aftermarket offerings will have pretty similar features and it's all about what your tuner(or yourself) is comfortable with.

On another note, the adaptronic has some nifty features that the Haltech does not have. Built-in scope for diagnostics is nice, and it has a 3.5mm jack to connect headphones so you can listen to your knock sensor. Haltech doesn't have either of those features, so that's definitely a point for Adaptronic. The Elite series ECUs do however have overcurrent protection on all of their outputs incase you overdrive them(they shut down until restart) which is really nice and they are both vibration and water resistant which is another plus. One could argue for either ECU quite well, so definitely go with whatever your chosen trusted tuner prefers.

Last edited by Fox_IX; Jan 26, 2019 at 12:04 AM.