Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Stock e8 JDM log -> lean ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock e8 JDM log -> lean ?

Hi All,

Attached is a log of my stock jdm e8 gsr (other than catback); As far as I know it never has been mapped thus is still running the japan 102 octane map.
I had 98 octane in the tank at the moment of logging; On long cruises, I sometimes put 95 octane in and I don't really notice a difference.
I switched out the iridium spark plugs that were in the car today with some stock NGK BPR7ES and gapped it appropriately; The denso VW22 iridium ones the ground contact was a white-ish color but the ring itself was black -> not sure if the white color indicates it is running lean or not. There has always been a power cut when doing full throttle in 5/6 gear at around 5k rpm; this happened one time during this log (towards the end).

From the stock o2 sensor reading it seems the care is running lean quite a lot ? since evoscan says <0.7V @ boost pressures is too lean
And for some reason, the JDM MAP reading does not work (I assume this is based on the MAF since e8 JDM does not have a map sensor?

Any tips/tricks/feedback is appreciated; I will hook up my GM 3 bar MAP sensor tomorrow; Need to get a wideband soon to do some more proper logging.

Thanks,
Spikee
Attached Files
Old May 5, 2019, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did you pah your spark plugs to? I use the same spark plugs and i run about 24 psi of boost.
You shouldn't been looking at o2 sensor for afr. A wideband afr gauge will give you a better reading if the car is running lean or rich. I have also checked you logs with mine and the o2 readings are similar at the same rpm ranges. I would highly recommend a wide band gauge asap this will give you a better idea of whats going on with regards to the car being rich/lean.

(Fyi the front o2 sensor is only a narrow band gauge which make it look like the car is running rich due to the way they are.)