Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Where are the TXS guys hiding???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2004, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're not hiding just locked away in our cells working madly on various projects. (More pizza, donuts and Coke Cola would help )

Our current engineering workload is quite high given the number of engineers we have and the amount of R&D work occurring in parallel. The actively worked on projects include EVO UTEC software, Gameboy, Tuner sensors, STi UTEC, plus a number of "other" projects.

regards
Pete
(TurboXS)
Old Jun 3, 2004, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

I'll send some funds for some pizza/coke/coffee =D So is the ETA true? Gonna be another month for the new evo firmware?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

My only concern using the factory solenoid is that it's limited to 23psi. Thats plenty for now, but I plan on upgrading to a BR 580 in the future so I am trying to plan ahead for that.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Actually its not limited per-se.. with the ABC you can adjust the bleed rate so that your minimum is a certain point, and your max is higher.. in closed loop control you can tweak it, especially with an aftermarket turbo to much higher, since it also a factor of the wastegate spring pressure too..
Old Jun 3, 2004, 04:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Hey Pete! Long time no chat...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Hey Pete! Long time no chat...
Yes it has been a while, but we are always watching and listening............

regards
Pete
(TurboXS)
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

where are the US TXS guys at?

-shahul
Old Jun 4, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

From TurboXs.com:

Mailing Address
8041 Queenair Dr. Unit 2
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Old Jun 5, 2004, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

lol, thanks...... i mean where are they, not posting on this board much... probably (hopefully!!) busy

-shahul
Old Jun 5, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

np, just trying to help
Old Jun 6, 2004, 12:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Their around, they chime in when someone asks something that one of us can't possibly answer adequately or its information that only TXS can provide..
Old Jun 13, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Their around, they chime in when someone asks something that one of us can't possibly answer adequately or its information that only TXS can provide..

We are here lurking and working hard at this and other projects.

Jermaine has even taken to mildly modifying the EVO UTEC software code that contains the fuel map needed to allow the UTEC to function with the new software.

The code and fuel map are getting VERY close. We have a customer’s evo that should be on the dyno the end of this week for some tuning. Jermaine and I want to tune this car with the new software.

As crazy as things are around the shop, you guys are always welcome to call when you need help. We'll get to posts here a little more in the future, but it is encouraging to see how well you've carried on without our direct intervention.

-Nathan
Old Jul 3, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

One thing I would like to see is the TXS Tuner being able to also add another column in the stock UTEC datalog, that is, AFR and EGT temp with the EGT Sensor. but thats another thread altogether.
Does the evo utec log AFR's with the tuner? It looks as though I will be purchasing kiss_my_s' evo, and a utec will be on order shortly after. I wonder, how different the features are from the sti-utec. The sti utec already has injector scaling, AFR logging abilities, and not only revlimit capabilities, but a secondary rev limiter as well.

I've never had the chance to look at the evo utec, and wasn't aware there were real differences, what else don't they have in common?
Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:08 AM
EvoM Guru

There are a few differences, there's a new firmware due to be released for the EVO Utec that will have the injector scalling, etc..

The Tuner setup adds a column to the standard UTEC data-1 log (and shift-data-1) for AFR.. AFR logging using the EVO's narrowband O2 sensor isn't very accurate at all (its actually not very accurate on the WRX/STI either) but I suppose they determined for one reason or another not to include a O2 voltage or Lambda for the narrowband since it just gets "Superceded" by the Tuner's output when its detected.

In other words, with the TXS Tuner and UTEC, the logs will have accurate wideband AFR in the data-1 logs..
Old Jul 3, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

I see........ the old wrx utec didn't have injector scaling either. I guess to be really accurate you really need a scan tool so you can read your actual fuel trims and then zero your map to that, however the injector scaling is really the next best thing.

As for the tuner, I just was confused thinking that when you added it to the evo utec it didn't bring up the afr column.
thanks for the info.

One more, at what throttle position can you start your map with the evo utec, the old wrx, and the new sti models both differ, just wondering????