Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Where are the TXS guys hiding???

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the TXS guys hiding???

Hey guys, how about some updates!!! Software, gameboy ect......Whats the latest info!!!!! RRR
Old May 31, 2004, 07:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah.. I'm getting impatient.. I've been putting off my fuel pump/injector/cam's upgrade until the new flash for the UTEC is officially announced... PLus I have a Gameboy sitting in a drawer waiting for that new cable..
Old May 31, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

I asked them specifically b4 I purchased utec if the new update will come out by the end of the month...and they said yes....it's the end now.....where is it =X I need it bad, unless I do the uflash thing through Al.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 09:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Well, its only 1 day into the new month.. I'd give it a week or so before I go nuts..
Old Jun 1, 2004, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

whats a uflash?

-shahul
Old Jun 1, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Because as of now, utec doesn't have injector scaling and rev limit capabilities. Al basically flashes the ecu to account for whatever size injectors you got and hard codes the rev limit and gives you a basic fuel curve. Then it makes it easier to tune with the utec from there....but I'm waiting on turbo xs to come up with the update, kinda want utec to handle all this kind of stuff.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

ahhh.... thank you much mog... big final fantasy fan? I love em....more into the Chrono Trigger/ Cross series myself

-shahul
Old Jun 1, 2004, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I'm a big old school ff fan, liked the earlier ones.....later ones all dun appeal to me...except 9 I guess.....but yes, I didn't really liked chrono cross but chrono trigger was one of my favorites too.....my nickname is mog from all my friends and family so I figured it's a good screen name. =)
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Well I dont like to be the bringer of bad news but I just got off the phone w/Nathan from turboxs and the updates we are waiting for are still a month from release. They do have a beta version that He said will actually be going on the dyno today. I just bought my utec yesterday so this this is a bit of a let down. This is the same thing I went through in my wrx so I'm not to worried about it, the updates will come and most of them will be well worth the wait I'm sure. One thing I really liked about my wrx utec was any time there was a problem discovered and a revision made I could just update the software myself.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

ummmm, holy crap? -_-
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

how much does AL charge for uflash?

also does your car make decent power and run well without these revisions?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Al charges 79.99 for the uflash....I haven't really seen anyone's testimony to using it yet though. I believe his uflash entails 1) setting higher rev limit 2) eliminating fuel cut 3) injector scaled for your injectors 4) and supposedly you tell him the kinda of intake system you have and he gives you a decent base fuel curve to work off of.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Yep, thats what his flash does.. though I wouldnt "adjust" the base fuel curve though.. I'd do that through the UTEC if you choose the use the UFLASH.. Scaling through the ECU does have its advantages.. IE, removing/bypassing the UTEC and the car will still run ok..
Old Jun 3, 2004, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the info, I'll give turboxs a month and then decide what to do. I guess if they are having problems, just assuming they are, that its better them than us.

I do know one thing, these make impressive power. I've read countless positive stories on the subaru forums, and my wrx ran very well with it. I don't think I'll be using it's boost control though. I asked if there would be an electronic boost controller addition instead of using the factory solenoid. Nathan said they are working on a ebc and it shouldn't be too difficult to control it with the utec.

So it sounds like it's not being designed soley for the utec, which leaves me confused. Would it then be possible to take any aftermarket ebc, remove the control unit, and hook it up to the utec? Would that even be benificial?

Oh and look at this pos afc in my glove box I'm stuck with. It's a $350 volt meter now.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=82447

Last edited by John4321; Jun 3, 2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Well, what "Can be done" and what "will be done" are two different things.. Its certainly possible for them to add the ability to control a GM or other aftermarket solenoid to run in place of the factory boost solenoid. In theory they would only have to create the solenoid setup and a wire harness to replace the stock one.

I can tell you that the factory boost solenoid in open and closed loop works perfectly.. It really depends on what you want to do though.

I don't think TXS is having "problems" with it.. I think their focusing on other products for instance the newly released STi version of the utec.. and I heard a rumor about a UTEC for the SRT-4 (which may be totally false)

I think at the moment their probably trying to sneak in a few additional new features too..

One thing I would like to see is the TXS Tuner being able to also add another column in the stock UTEC datalog, that is, AFR and EGT temp with the EGT Sensor. but thats another thread altogether.