Notices
Gruppe-S Engineering - California [Visit Site]

Do not buy brake pads from gruppe's

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redblls420
REPLY to peanutbutteroaf ===========Do Not deal with a company that makes an agreement then 2 weeks later goes back on their word and changes the agreement,Listen when i give someone my word i keep it.And they went back on their word and made an apology.I accept their apology and iwill leave it at that...When i called gruppes i asked to speak with a manager and Cal got on the phone,We talked about the problem for 20 min ,and he assured me that i would be getting a new pair sent to me as soon as they came back in stock.He did not want to charge my credit card because he had alot of other people complaining about the same problem that i was having,And he said the repeatly squealing was not normal.The pads were shimmed and anti seize was used as per the directions.He took responsibility for the problem and told me i would have a new pair as soon as they came in stock(i wrote this twice just incase you missed it)They came in stock,I called,He said im sorry but i made mistake and if I send you new pads everyone else that is having the problem will want them also.HE WENT BACK ON HIS WORD,When i asked for a manager He Came on the phone,Cal told me that they shoudnt squeal.The point being The manager told me he would send me out a new set of pads without paying for them.He was wrong in doing so but as a company rep, he still should have kept his word.Thanks for all who have a brain and understand what im saying here...The rest that keep saying (research)( race pads)(what dont i understand)please think about this He said he would replace them for free,keyword he said?then went back on his word because the makers wouldnt back him on it,This has nothing to do with me we had an understanding(deal) Handshake) (gave me his word) 2 weeks before he even talked to the makers of these pads.Then I told him that if he didnt keep his word,I would post this on here to let everyone know not to trust them because they go back on their word...Then i waited 3 yes 3 months for the pads i was promised before posting this.I am fully aware that people shouldnt go to the internet to solve problem,I did give him 3 months.And all he kept saying was im sorry that i told you i would replace them for free,Can i get you credit card info so we can solve this.Oh yea sure.But no thanks,All i have to say to all of you is keep your word.It really means alot ,thanks everyone and evom for letting me tell my side
Have you actually take into consideration that Cal was simply trying to help you out when u first called. Yeah he may have promised you something he wasn't even sure about. And maybe after discussing your issues w/ his superiors and Ferodo, he had no choice but gave you their alternate solution to help remedy the problem you are having. That, to me, is customer service. Not everything will go your way sometimes, bro. Gruppe-S does not make the Ferodo pads. The way they handle this situation is more than adequate. I think there must be something you can work out with them on what they have offered you. Its about compromsing!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the time it took to put forth the effort to do all this complaining, you could have popped out your pads, put the backing plates on w/ lots of goo, and replaced them. Then there would be nothing to complain about. You said yourself the pads stop on a dime, they are just noisy. Defective pads don't stop on a dime...they hardly stop at all...
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down brake pads

WOW! I know this is my first post guys but DAMN! Dude, how many times do people have to spell it out for you. This topic should be closed. This guy is just a cry baby who didnt do any research. PERIOD, END OF STORY, HAVE A NICE DAY AND PULL AROUND TO THE NEXT WINDOW.