Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Anyone get the RPW turbo (any stages)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2002, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by HobieKopek
Dropping the approximately 2.5-3g's for forged internals and a viscous LSD is the tough part.
OUCH!!!!! OK I get your point on that one.....sometimes it is just easier buying F/I in the first place..but then again its fun turning an econo box into a nice little machine!!!! Too much money IMO though but hey my crack habit is at least 1000 a month so what am I talkin' about?!!
Old Dec 16, 2002, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

oh i will continue to modify this lancer...my goal is 350 - 400 hp. but thats like a year away and tons more money invested...well its not really an investment but you kno....right now i'm doing the show aspect of my car..in the summer expect an engine rebuild.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Well keep up the work and definitely keep us informed on your little project here....450 ponies man oh man you'll have yourself a viper killer there!!!
Old Dec 16, 2002, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The thing to remember is that the GT-28 turbo's we are using in our kits are ball bearing turbo's not the older shaft styel turbo's. SO whilst they are also capable of 350hp , they produce boost at very low rpm levels compared ot other similiar hp sized turbo's, are designed for lower oil pressures and have a much lower heat factor under boost compression so that the intercoolers become more effective.

The non ball bearing T-25 and T-28 turbo's are fine and can be used instead but are not anywhere near as efficient.

And remember our kit comes with larger injectors, fuel pressure egulators and other additions as well. They aer now also available with pre built intercoolers and pipnig as well.

david Thomas
www.rpw.com.au
Old Dec 16, 2002, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

oh wow great to hear about the intercooler and piping mitsiman...that was pretty much the only downfall with your kit. but now that you have piping with a tubular manifold...thats awesome.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mitsiman
[B]The thing to remember is that the GT-28 turbo's we are using in our kits are ball bearing turbo's not the older shaft styel turbo's. SO whilst they are also capable of 350hp , they produce boost at very low rpm levels compared ot other similiar hp sized turbo's, are designed for lower oil pressures and have a much lower heat factor under boost compression so that the intercoolers become more effective.

The non ball bearing T-25 and T-28 turbo's are fine and can be used instead but are not anywhere near as efficient.
Ball bearing, man those are great!!!! At what RPM do they make full boost? I'm sure its a pretty quick spooler, so this is a Garret t-28 that comes with your kit? Is it the big or small. I wasnt sure if they had made a "big" T with ball bearings let me know!!! Even tho the t25 comes with ball bearings now does it still tend to heat up the air at high rpms, same as the shaft style, at around 6k?
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The GT series of turbo's come with qutie a few different specs so here is our interpretation and our specs

GT-25 turbo rated to 200 - 220hp suit 1.5 up to 15 psi boost, 1.8 up to 12 psi boost, 2.0 up to 8 psi boost. Boosting at approx 1500 rpm upwards.

GT-28 Turbo rated from 200 - 300hp suit 1.8 8 psi + 2.0 7 psi +. Boosting from 2000 rpm upwards.

GT-25R Turbo rated from 300hp + suit modified 1.8 or 2.o 12 psi + boosting from 2500 rpm upwards.

We only use ball bearing turbo systems on all our cars.

David THomas
www.rpw.com.au