Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Got a ? about this turbo kit!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a ? about this turbo kit!

Does anybody or has anybody ran this kit or their 2003 OZ Rally
http://turbo-kits.com/lancer_turbo_kits.html
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

yeah someone has do a search, i think the downpipe was too short or something.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 01:45 PM

I hope not becasue I want to be able to buy it and not have to buy another downpipe
Old Jan 2, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

He did get the turbo on, but from what I recall, it wasn't a pretty kit and not an easy install. It didn't just fit, like for example, RRM's kit. On the other hand, it was much cheaper than RRM's and if you're handy with a welder and know what you're doing, you can probably go this route and save lots of money. If you're new to turbos, you're most likely going to want either the RRM kit or the pledged support of a good shop... or both.
-N
Old Jan 2, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91597
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93034
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91791

going through those 3 threads will get you the info about this kit which you want.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 02:28 PM

if you have thousands invested in your car, planning on winning every car show you attend, gettin some hot mitsuian *****es to stand by your car and be in every import magazine that you have ever read.... Then go for the overpriced rrm kit because its PRETTY. U want the speed for less $$. Put that savings towards more power. I'd say go for the cheaper kit. I am purchasing a kit myself and have done alot of reaserch to back up my descision. Go to this site... essentialspeed.com If you noticed I am living in canada, the essential speed site is canadian as well. The turbo will cost u 4800 cdn funds exchange that.... 4gs. that includes everything too! I have a buddy here that has the turbo, had it in for roughly a year, no problems. I am sure the gains with this essential speed turbo aout perform the rrm turbo kit. If i could afford it i would buy it, i have to settle for non-intercooled. ah well. good luck!
Old Jan 2, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

4g's for that canadian kit in us dollars? cuz if that is the price den ours would be almost the same price, and you can count on our kits, you can see that a lot of people are satisfied with our kit
Old Jan 2, 2005, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

EssentialSpeed turbo $3,990 USD.
RRM turbo $4,099 USD.

If I had the cash I'd go for RRM myself. 230HP for four grand. Not quite Evo power, but still cheaper than one.

Last edited by LancerMMC; Jan 2, 2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

From what I can see of that kit, it bests the RRM price by about $200, not $1000. Sure, there's is "Stage 2" and RRM's stage 2 kit costs more than that, that isn't to say that their stage 2 kit isn't just an intercooled turbo rather than non-intercooled. Arguably, RRM's non-intercooled kit could be considered stage 1, the intercooled could be stage 2, and what they call their Stage 2 kit could be a 3. Without numbers, your kind of claim is rather unfounded.

Anyway, just trying to keep things honest here.
-N
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

ur not going to get 230whp without fuel mods and yes if u think of it as RRM Stage 2 den its a grand more, but shouldn't u be comparing the "Essential Speed Turbo" kit with RRM's Stage 1 kit, instead? and the difference is clearly a couple hundred. I would spend the extra 100 to 500 on a kit that i know is reliable and people always there to help
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

I know the person who is sponsored by essential speed, those pics are of his turbo kit. They are fine tuning it to get the most power out of it. They just upgraded the Intercooler and are running 12 PSI on that Stage 2 kit. Numbers should be out soon.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Viciouz
ur not going to get 230whp without fuel mods and yes if u think of it as RRM Stage 2 den its a grand more, but shouldn't u be comparing the "Essential Speed Turbo" kit with RRM's Stage 1 kit, instead? and the difference is clearly a couple hundred. I would spend the extra 100 to 500 on a kit that i know is reliable and people always there to help
i think thats a lil bold considering you know nothing about this company, its employees, or the kit... Maybe some canadian lancers will find this thread and give us a lil insight to what they have heard about the company.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

ya well I know a lil. Ive seen it in person and it looks really nice. Completely stock engine except for the turbo kit he ran a 13.7 ET his first time and that was with BIG HEAVY 18 inch rims.
Since then they have tuned and tweaked teh kit even more, so im sure with some stock OZ's it can be low 13's.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

those big heavy 18s might have helped him get traction, with the lil oz's he might just sit their and spin with out some drag radials. But good numbers
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

he hit 13.7 with just that? doesn't seem to soudn right, must have done a lot more to his car then just that

Quick Reply: Got a ? about this turbo kit!