Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

Turbo kit replacements

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo kit replacements

Ok so i searched and couldent really find what i wanted to know... but if i were to buy the rrm stage 1 what mods would it replace? like header, down pipe, intake? just wanting to know what it would replace so i dont go ahead and buy those items and then the kit and replace something and waste money. Alsodoes that kit come with the piggy? and if not, if i bought a piggy and then a kit would i have to reprogram it for the stage one?
Old Sep 2, 2006, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Any turbo kit would remove the stock air box. So don't buy a CAI or a SRI, it would be pointless. Headers, or a manifold come with RRMs kits so don't upgrade that now either. Tuning after your kit is on is up to you... I'd suggest a fuel managment system such as the SAFC-II or checking out the tuning forums here on evom to learn more about the latests flash news that's developing now.

Listen, if I were you and I was planning on getting the RRM kit I'd educate myself on what and how turbos work well before I jump into any kit. Best place to start is to first look at RRM's siteif that's the kit you want.

If you don't know what everything is in the picture they provide then it's time to do some homework. All the information you are looking for is provided on RRM's site and all over this site.

Fox
Old Sep 2, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Ok thanks for the help
Old Sep 5, 2006, 03:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hint - don't buy any mods. Get the turbo kit first. Then buy mods to complement it.

Also, contact RRM. They're nice guys. They'll talk to you and help you decide what's best for you.