Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

4G93 Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The one you were looking at does not fit.To answer that question for senate its a yes. All turbo applications for the manifold has to have it on this side
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

sadude, I'm not sure if you know this yet from searching, but the newer mirage manifold WILL fit... i dont know about the one that senate is talking about, the older years, but i have a newer mirage turbo manifold on my 06 lancer, works perfectly. Also on your coolant lines, I'm not sure if your lancer is the same as my 06, but i used the lines that go to the throttle body. Just take the 2 coolant lines off of your throttle body and either use a hose adapter to extend them to the turbo, or do what i did and just trace the 8 inches or so of coolant lines down to the actual hard pipe and you can run new coolant lines right from there.

And for your oil feed line, I did a lot of searching and didnt find much when i was researching for my turbo stuff, but I am using an oil sandwiche adapter for my oil feed line. It works fine, plenty of oil for the turbo. And if you want to save some money, use brake line for your oil feed line, it will cost about 10 bucks for the stuff, and if you find the right shop (if you dont have the tools yourself) have them cut the end off of a small turbo feed line from like ebay or something, one of those hard lines that has a banjo fitting on both ends... then have the shop cut and double flare the end not on the turbo, and run the brake line up to that. This is what i have done and it works great, not to mention the added security of not having to worry about kinking your hose, or getting it caught on any moving parts.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for your suggestions BlackOperative...I am looking at the 16G6 turbo right now that is on sale as a full kit in the sale thread.

I like the idea of the coolant lines and running fresh lines off the hard lines.

I want to do this the best way possible but not breaking the bank. Tuning is what I worry the most about.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOperative
sadude, I'm not sure if you know this yet from searching, but the newer mirage manifold WILL fit... i dont know about the one that senate is talking about, the older years, but i have a newer mirage turbo manifold on my 06 lancer, works perfectly. Also on your coolant lines, I'm not sure if your lancer is the same as my 06, but i used the lines that go to the throttle body. Just take the 2 coolant lines off of your throttle body and either use a hose adapter to extend them to the turbo, or do what i did and just trace the 8 inches or so of coolant lines down to the actual hard pipe and you can run new coolant lines right from there.

And for your oil feed line, I did a lot of searching and didnt find much when i was researching for my turbo stuff, but I am using an oil sandwiche adapter for my oil feed line. It works fine, plenty of oil for the turbo. And if you want to save some money, use brake line for your oil feed line, it will cost about 10 bucks for the stuff, and if you find the right shop (if you dont have the tools yourself) have them cut the end off of a small turbo feed line from like ebay or something, one of those hard lines that has a banjo fitting on both ends... then have the shop cut and double flare the end not on the turbo, and run the brake line up to that. This is what i have done and it works great, not to mention the added security of not having to worry about kinking your hose, or getting it caught on any moving parts.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!
I was referring to the fact that the manifold he was directly asking about on eBay is for the 4G 4G93 Mirage engine, but the auction states that it will fit a Lancer because the seller thinks that all 4G93 engines are the same.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by senate6268
I was referring to the fact that the manifold he was directly asking about on eBay is for the 4G 4G93 Mirage engine, but the auction states that it will fit a Lancer because the seller thinks that all 4G93 engines are the same.

Yeah dude I totally know what you are sayin, you cant trust those ebayers most of the time, then you buy it and end up stuck with it..... i know, ive been through it haha.