Notices
Lancer Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech Discuss forced induction related specs and upgrades for custom aftermarket setups.

RRM Turbo in Progress

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2002, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oOooOooo........i seen your car. boni... *drools*... i tried to sex it but it didn't work to good. no really it looks nice. and robert is a very tight guy... finally a normal down to earth guy.... excellent work...
Old May 20, 2002, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Saw your car too Boni. IT is really coming out nice man. really neat and clean install too. I think I'm gonna start saving up for mine. RRM is the only guys who seem to have the whole turbo package figured out. Wanna get a ride in it when it is done.
Old May 20, 2002, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

I really dig RRM too, but Raul you've got to remove ya lips from their jocks. if you haven't seen, RPW is releasing a complete turbo kit for the lancer in 3 stages...stage 3 will stomp on top of boni's ride...Hope I'm the first one to get it!
Old May 20, 2002, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Be careful what you say, cause you don't know, maybe cause you a hoe. Boni's **** is tight and RRM will make it right. Buy your **** from Austrialia, hope it don't failya. Save your money!!!!
Old May 20, 2002, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

lol...word, careful who you call a hoe beyotch!!! Naw, just responding to the comment that RRM is the only company who has their **** together on the turbo tip. Australians have been racing lancers more than 5 years before you got your permit. I'll take my chances if they can do twice the hp gain.
Old May 20, 2002, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Seriously though. I talked to Rob at RRM. I know a little more than I feel like writing. They can do way more H.P. than Boni is ready for. Boni is basically getting the "stage 1" version of RRM's turbo. There is a bunch more to be had Boni just needs a little more $$$ and
Old May 21, 2002, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Rob are you using all stainless steel tubing in the exhaust manifold?

Last edited by 2wdSQL; May 21, 2002 at 11:07 AM.
Old May 21, 2002, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by raul
There is a bunch more to be had Boni just needs a little more $$$ and
He needs more beer? lol, whatever

but anyways, i think it would probably be better to go with RRM on the turbo, but ill have to agree with pimpson that RPW hase more stuff that comes with the kit and i feel like id be getting more hp from their kit, even if RRM has a bigger kit, RPW is already selling theres.....

I need to know if there will be any type of 16G turbos coming out for our car, i mean i know they will fit, but it will all custom job.
Old May 21, 2002, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

kids ....

You guys remind me of 8 year olds anticipating a new video game release. You don't care how much it costs, where you get it, you just want it no matter what.

First of all, the RPW kit (which has not been developed for the US 02 Lancer but for the 1.8 Mirage, guess they are HOPING it fits the same?):
Garret T-25 Ball Bearing Turbo w/internal wastegate , Bosch Blow off, Injectors (which you dont need yet), NO INTERCOOLER!!!
oh yah NOT INSTALLED

Road//Race Kit (what im getting):
Garret T-28 Turbo, TiAL external wastegate, downpipe, Greddy Type-S blow off valve (best one out i've heard), spearco intercooler

Both of these kits are around the SAME PRICE...now you tell me which one would you go with ?

oh yah pimpson, go ahead and pay 5gs for a stage 3 MIRAGE turbo kit, blow your motor, and post back 'IM AN IDIOT, I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO BONI'

Old May 21, 2002, 05:44 PM

ya know...i want a turbo too . Wish i knew what all this s*%t means. 16g, external wast thingy. i think ill just buy a Passat vw8 and use the to drive in circles j/k Really though, if i were looking to gain mass hp without a complete swap what do i look for??
Old May 21, 2002, 06:32 PM

If you guys want a turbo and dont want to put the SIX THOUSAND miles on your car than there are other options. You can buy pretty much any turbo as long as it fits in the bay of the car. Than you can bring the car and a turbo to a local tuning shop i recomend fine lines in atlantic highlands for you jersey kids. Than have them install the piping and intercooler and oil lines and blah blah blah. Than you can have a turbo. You can use the t25 or the 16g both were intended for the 2nd generation eclipse but both fit. And the whole kit should only cost 3000-3500 and add ALOT of hp. I know soime one that did it and the turbo gives off close to 30 pounds of boost supposedly, but he has the boost controller and the biggest waste gate you can get and blah blah blah.
T. Burke
Old May 21, 2002, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, not installed would be much better for me. I'd probably choose RRM if I lived within 5 hours of their. But I want a t-28 and custom manifold, fmic, regulator, ecu, injectors, etc. etc. shipped to me, I'll put it on with some help.
Old May 21, 2002, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

The stuff in a box is what everyone wants cause thats all you can have right now. Tuning is critical though. Installed turbo by people who know and have done it to a LANCER is priceless. Believe the RPW stuff is good but it is not idiot proof and it is not cheap! BONI is doing the best thing for the money,peace of mind, and power. I have all the confidence in the world in RRM guys. They have turboed, or tuned 100s of turbo cars! Yes I am on their jock Pimpson cause because they deserve it!!
Old May 21, 2002, 10:11 PM

Re: kids ....

Originally posted by Boni
You guys remind me of 8 year olds anticipating a new video game release. You don't care how much it costs, where you get it, you just want it no matter what.

First of all, the RPW kit (which has not been developed for the US 02 Lancer but for the 1.8 Mirage, guess they are HOPING it fits the same?):
Garret T-25 Ball Bearing Turbo w/internal wastegate , Bosch Blow off, Injectors (which you dont need yet), NO INTERCOOLER!!!
oh yah NOT INSTALLED

Road//Race Kit (what im getting):
Garret T-28 Turbo, TiAL external wastegate, downpipe, Greddy Type-S blow off valve (best one out i've heard), spearco intercooler

Both of these kits are around the SAME PRICE...now you tell me which one would you go with ?

oh yah pimpson, go ahead and pay 5gs for a stage 3 MIRAGE turbo kit, blow your motor, and post back 'IM AN IDIOT, I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO BONI'

This kit is primarily designed for those who want to fit a basic kit and upgrade it as time goes on or simply wish to leave it at this power level. Only includes basic necessities. Fitment of an intercooler is not necessary nor is decompression as long as maximum of 5 psi is kept. Higher boost settings require Intercooler / decompression depending upon boost level. It is expected that the exhaust system on the car is upgraded to 2.50" from catalytic converter back. High flowing catalytic converters would also be beneficial but not necessary.

*Garret T-25 Ball Bearing Turbo - rated to 300hp incl internal waste gate control set to 7 psi.

*RPW Custom Turbo manifold with External Waste gate option.

*RPW Custom mandrel bent dump pipe incl flex pipe to catalytic converter.

*Oil feed and return lines & fittings supplied.

*Water feed fittings supplied on turbo.

*Four modified high flowed injectors

*Bosch plumb back blow off valve.

*Unichip computer controller (Piggy back to standard computer) - pre-programmed.

*Slim line thermo fans for air conditioning and radiator.
Stage 1.
50+ hp
Available for:
Mitsubishi:
Mirage 1.5 4G15
Mirage 1.6 4G92
Mirage 1.8 4G93
Lancer 2.0 4G94

(here it is larger) Lancer 2.0 4G94

research before you start runnin your mouth bashing other companies. can't stand it.

intercooler?
This kit is designed as a basic upgrade over the Stage 1 turbo kit and includes everything listed above. Boost level is raised to 10 psi and requires the fitment of an aftermarket intercooler and decompression plate. Leaving boost level at 7 psi with an intercooler does not require decompression plate.

*Upgrade of blow off valve to Turbo smart Type 2 plumb back design.

*Upgrade of air filter to K&N Filter charger kit specific to Air Mass Sensor. with Cold Air Feed.

*Upgrade of throttle body to RPW 55mm Oversize unit and matching machined intake manifold.

*Fitment of level 1 decompression plate for boost levels over 7 psi.

*Heat treatment of turbo manifold for reduced under bonnet temperatures

*Fitment of FSE Power boost rising fuel pressure regulator..

*Piping can be supplied for cold air feed for air filter.

*Stage 1 turbo grind camshaft available with valve springs.

*Fitment of Vernier camshaft sprocket with either Camshaft or Decompression head gasket.
Stage 2,
60+ hp
Available for:
Mitsubishi:
Mirage 1.5 4G15
Mirage 1.6 4G92
Mirage 1.8 4G93
Lancer 2.0 4G94

the parts are quality, it's who's doing your install. i would prefer going to rob but i live in oregon si im porobabaly going to order the stage 3 (check out the site) RPW kit and get it installed. when i go to california in july i would love to smoke your yellow lancer boni. haha
Old May 21, 2002, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

The rpw kit looks half assed and low quality Look at the pics posted of the kit, nice rusty mild steel downpipe. Now look at the rrm kit, high quality, better materials and components used. Now I'll go back to looking at turbo kits for my car...

Quick Reply: RRM Turbo in Progress